360 and FFS - preference to which on top

So on a dual or triple setup running both 360 and FFS - is there a preference to which is on top screen? I've always felt FFS should be on top. Higher up, closer to angler eyes, and FFS is typically adjusted more than 360 throughout the day (at least is for me). But then I saw a post here where the poster prefers 360 on top/in the center of view, and has ML on his lower/left unit.

I suppose it's probably just personal preference, but was curious if there is a preference majority. Helix unit being wider than my other units, it would work better up top in my triple, setup/width-wise. :).

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Probably personal preference, but I would put the Mega 360 as the one closest to my eyes. There are important fine details in Mega 360 that you don't have with any of the 3 FFS choices.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Probably personal preference, but I would put the Mega 360 as the one closest to my eyes. There are important fine details in Mega 360 that you don't have with any of the 3 FFS choices.
    That does make sense, and I think that is what the other poster i mentioned was alluding to as well. It normally would be simple to just try it, but I need a shorty bracket to move the upper unit down to the lower level... Guess I will give BBT a call and order one.

4. Member
    Which one are you likely to be staring at most? That is the one I’d prefer to have on top.

5. Member
    I currently have my 360 (and map) on an 1199 above the Livescope on a Garmin UHD 93sv, although I’m thinking of swapping them because my son has a weird tendency to sit on the deck and look closely at the screen blocking my view of both fishfinders. Additionally, the 93sv is smaller than the 1199 and will block my view of the water while driving a tad less—every little bit helps, right?
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)

6. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I prefer Live on top, 360 on bottom

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Here's the thread I was referring to... Mahomee's setup (click picture to jump to full thread). This is similar to my triple stack, only I have 1 each Helix, Garmin 126sv, and HDS Pro. Currently I have Garmin on top, Helix on bottom left.

8. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I have Livescope up top and M360 on the bottom. It's that way because I added the Livescope after the M360 and left the M360 where it was because I couldn't be bothered to dick around with cables to see what it's like if they were swapped.

I can see both at the same time quite easily because of something called peripheral vision and adjustable gimbal mounts.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I run 360 on top, live on bottom
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

10. Member
    You'll get used to whichever you put on top. I did what I did because I was using the 360, map, tm controls on that screen a lot. W the quest I dont use the tm controls anymore on the graph. The mini remote works much better than my ultrex one did.

11. Member
    I have solix... I run 360 and live on same screen. Only one unit. Sorry...
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

Switched units around today, will give it a try for a few trips (360 on top) see how I like it...

13. Member
    If you use FFS heavily you'll want mega live on top. Neck strain comes from the constant stare down on the FFS screen, especially when you have to look at a lower angle. This is also why lot of newer aftermarket unit mounts are having higher mount options.

You generally don't stare as intensively at mega 360 (delayed results) like you would FFS (real-time) so 360 can go on the bottom.

14. Member
    I have 360 on bottom and FFS on top, my hds for mapping is to the side thanks to a skinny nose boat.

15. Member
    I keep FFS (ML and/or LVS 34) either one always on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Switched units around today, will give it a try for a few trips (360 on top) see how I like it...
    Quote Originally Posted by photocycle View Post
    If you use FFS heavily you'll want mega live on top. Neck strain comes from the constant stare down on the FFS screen, especially when you have to look at a lower angle. This is also why lot of newer aftermarket unit mounts are having higher mount options.

You generally don't stare as intensively at mega 360 (delayed results) like you would FFS (real-time) so 360 can go on the bottom.
    Good points, and why I hesitated to make the change tbh. But I figure might as well try it, I can change it back around pretty quickly. I didn't get out last weekend but will be heading out tomorrow and will do some testing. Should be able to sort out pretty quick if I like it this way (360 on top) vs LVS on top. Part of the draw was narrowing up my units on the 2nd row, but in fact it didn't really do that due to how the hole patterns are drilled into the BBT Lower mount, so I think it was probably a waste of time, tbh. But will find out tomorrow i reckon lol.

Yeah, I'm going to be moving it back lol... didn't take long to make that decision.

EDIT, got it all flipped back, took advantag of a nice cool afternoon. Won't see to many of those for a while lol. Also tweaked my M360/LVS mounting as well to get the M360 a little deeper.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 04-28-2024 at 09:23 PM.