Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by jaxbass View Post
    It does get a trim. Thanks for all the info! The 5’s seem to work well with the 300r, wonder how on 300xs?

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    It does get a trim. Thanks for all the info! The 5’s seem to work well with the 300r, wonder how on 300xs?
    Randy - do you ever get down to Florida? If so, wouldn’t mind a bit if you wanted to try either BRVs the 28 pitch or 30 pitch. Mine run good now but again, out of the box very sluggish. Working them definitely woke them up.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

We did have close friends in Punta Gorda that we used to visit and they moved back. I have future plans of starting to do some winter vacationing in Florida. I’ll see how and when that’s going start and get in touch with you and see if you still have them and maybe we could make a plan. I really appreciate the offer, Donnie!

5. Member
    Absolutely. Just let me know
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by jaxbass View Post
    Absolutely. Just let me know

7. Member
    I could try one, but I do not like the max 5 price tag. That’s why I wanted to look towards the BVR
    So here’s how bad the BRV5’s are out of the box…
    I bought a 28 BRV5 for a fishing prop. Wanted a great hole shot no matter the load and at least 85 mph end results. Out of the box the holeshot was pretty good 5400 rpms and 82mph. The boat would dead hook left if you tried to turn with any amount of trim above 50 mph. It was a death trap! There was NO bow lift and a too much transom lift. The stearing torque was so bad the boat was wanting to rotate starboard side no matter the balance of the boat.

After it was worked twice… I’m running 90 @ 6300 alone with a fishing load and 87 with live well full. No steering torque, tons of lift and completely stable at speed. Prop caries my XRS as I expect a Bullet to run. 87-88 @6300 with me and my partner in the AM at Bast off.

Is it as good as my Max5… NO! But the blades are so thick on the BRV it’s not gonna be as fast. But im not worried about throwing a blade, or running shallow water with a 2500 prop.
    21 XRS
    Garmin, LVS 34, lithium Pro, SeaClear
    8ft PP, Move and Charge

Quote Originally Posted by BEEZER View Post
    I bought a 28 BRV5 for a fishing prop. Wanted a great hole shot no matter the load and at least 85 mph end results. Out of the box the holeshot was pretty good 5400 rpms and 82mph. The boat would dead hook left if you tried to turn with any amount of trim above 50 mph. It was a death trap! There was NO bow lift and a too much transom lift. The stearing torque was so bad the boat was wanting to rotate starboard side no matter the balance of the boat.

After it was worked twice… I’m running 90 @ 6300 alone with a fishing load and 87 with live well full. No steering torque, tons of lift and completely stable at speed. Prop caries my XRS as I expect a Bullet to run. 87-88 @6300 with me and my partner in the AM at Bast off.

Is it as good as my Max5… NO! But the blades are so thick on the BRV it’s not gonna be as fast. But im not worried about throwing a blade, or running shallow water with a 2500 prop.
    That’s some good operational info, Jeff! Needed that too. I wonder what boat set up the BRV5’s ( I wrote BVR5 in previous post, must have hit a dislexic moment) was actually meant for? You’d think these companies would factory make these cupped and ready for certain applications. Some have coined the term “Bullet cup” already. I run lead-acid batteries (4) and don’t see me switching to lithium and those babies have a good amount of weight. I want to get more lift out of the hole. I run a 36v TM and used to only have 3 batteries. I can tell the difference in the additional weight. I run an old style Bravo1 4 blade with 4 one inch holes that had to be fixed at one time or another due to performance. I need a better holeshot. I have the 4 batteries, 36 gal tank, a Dual Pro 4 bank charger onboard and 99.9% of the time, there’s two guys on board. Adding the hole shot plate helped but it’s still a dog. Now once I get on plane, that 300 is a beast. If I can find a prop that will lift me out of the hole quicker and have the same mid to top or even better speed, I’d be happy. I know you can’t always have your cake and eat it too when it comes to hole shot and top end. That’s why I’ve been wanting to try a 5 blade. I thank you guys for all your help. Never had any dealings with 5 blade props, at least not on a boat. But I do know the lift principles on multi bladed prop designs.

9. Member

Agree. It did not run out of the box. Way too much stern lift with that long barrel. After Billy did his magic it runs good. I got the BRV for the thick blades, slung too many Bravo’s.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

10. Member

Who done the work on your brv props? I’ve got a 28 and a 30 that hasn’t been touched yet but need some fixing up to make em right.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Who done the work on your brv props? I’ve got a 28 and a 30 that hasn’t been touched yet but need some fixing up to make em right.
    Billy at Performance propellers in TN.
    21 XRS
    Garmin, LVS 34, lithium Pro, SeaClear
    8ft PP, Move and Charge

12. Member
    WVBullet.
    If you get around ohio. Rocky fork area, I have a 31 max5 I'd let you try.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Todd, I sure do appreciate that! I’m less than 2 hrs away from you. I live across the Ohio River from Gallipolis. I may have to take you up on that sometime!

14. Member
    Todd, I sure do appreciate that! I’m less than 2 hrs away from you. I live across the Ohio River from Gallipolis. I may have to take you up on that sometime!
    I also have a 31 max 5 if you’re in North Carolina anytime as well

15. Member
    I can maybe meet ya down on the river. I've fished around Galapolis a couple times. Not my favorite part of the river. Maybe someday when it's not 48 ft and rolling mud.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    I also have a 31 max 5 if you’re in North Carolina anytime as well
    Thanks for the offer, Ronnie! You guys don’t know how much I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    I can maybe meet ya down on the river. I've fished around Galapolis a couple times. Not my favorite part of the river. Maybe someday when it's not 48 ft and rolling mud.
    Yeah, it’s definitely not the best pool for bass fishing. Catfish, yes. The river has been mighty angry lately! lol. One of these we’ll have to maybe try it! I’ll definitely keep ya in mind.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Wonder how the BVR 30 would run on my 21XD with my 300xs. Holeshot, mid, top?
    The BRV5 will make a 300R grunt, without the ability to run it remotely close in height I do not see the 300xs turning it very well at all. They are 2-3 pitches stiffer than advertised. The V8 SM will run much higher than a 3L SM....this gives the R a huge advantage.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    The BRV5 will make a 300R grunt, without the ability to run it remotely close in height I do not see the 300xs turning it very well at all. They are 2-3 pitches stiffer than advertised. The V8 SM will run much higher than a 3L SM....this gives the R a huge advantage.
    Gotcha! Thanks Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12