P5 madbull with a 110 whopper plopper

Will a 110 whopper plopper overload a p5 madbull? The 110 whopper plopper weighs just under one ounce. Thanks for the help.

It will not overload but I'm not sure it's the best choice for that bait.

3. Member
    Any rod suggestions? I want a dedicated rod for the 110.

4. Member
    Evergreen Combat 7'2" Shower Blows rod or 7'7" MH Mod-fast all-purpose moving bait rod.

Also, what are you planning to use for line?

I also like my custom MHX CB907 or Evergreen Heracles EG Swimming, both work with mono/copoly or braid + leader for a 110 WP.

5. Member
    I plan on using 40lb braid. Any suggestions in the Megabass p5 line up?
    Last edited by eric30; 04-03-2024 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eric30 View Post
    I plan on using 40lb braid. Any suggestions in the Megabass p5 line up?

I'd look at the Javelin.

7. Member
    I agree with both rod suggestions, if you want to stay within the Megabass P5 ecosystem, the Javelin is a much better option than the Mad Bull for presenting the Whopper Plopper 110.

On the other hand, from my on the water experience, the EG Combat Stick 73 Shower Blows is nearly perfect for the Whopper Plopper 110, at least until you get to the seminal EG Kaleido Inspirare Super Stallion GT2RS and maybe even the brand new EG Super Stallion GT3RS, but that rod was only delivered this morning, so I haven't had any time on the water with it yet.

Good luck on your rod search!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

Depending on distance or what your preference is, I would also consider the Tequila Baccarac.

9. Member
    I use the Evergreen Shower blow combat stick for my Plopper.
    Red Sox in 6!

10. Member
    Another sleeper with braid would be the Daiwa BLX 7'4" MH Limber model.

I enjoy throwing the Megabass I-Jack on the Madbull. It's a 1 oz wake bait and I prefer the Madbull over the Javelin for this application. They are both "F5" rated, but the Madbull clearly has more power despite the length difference. The plopper 110 will be just fine on the Madbull and it will not be overloaded. Sure, the Javelin will work, and perhaps better for some, but between these two, I'd still go Madbull for a 1 oz treble hook topwater bait. If we're talking Megabass Deep Six, Javelin is the clear winner, but we aren't.

On another note, I've had the opportunity to fish the new Megabass X10 series. There are a couple models in there that are certainly interesting options if you are willing to consider an all new Megabass series. The Tackle Trap will have all the details posted up tomorrow or Friday at the latest!