Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by titanxt View Post
    BBW- To not hijack this thread, I encourage you to start another on the PTR because there is a ton of information that could be shared. Please do a search and read the paper I uploaded on the fallacy of the PTR. That will give a good starting point for further discussion. As far as Jesus providing instruction for us, He most certainly did. Many times Jesus said we need to trust in Him and not to worry as we WILL face tribulation, even death. One more point of clarification, Jesus will return after the tribulation as described in Revelation.
    Well it is evident that all you want to do is to discredit anyone else views if it doesn't match what you think. don't think I need to read your paper to find the truth in scripture I will depend on the holy spirit to guide me to the truth. I believe Jesus is my savior and will not put me through 7 years of hell on earth just to prove that I believe in him

BBW - I might be totally wrong! But I will not know I am wrong until someone shows me the error I have made. Please be certain that my paper is 100% scripture based with the exact words quoted and the book, chapter and verse cited as well for the reader's own study. The paper is not my opinion, but a collection of verses that prove a point. It simply is a study that says if the Bible say X, then how can Y be true. Again, I am citing the Word of God and my opinion has no standing at all. As I have stated before, I do not wish to be right, I only wish to know the truth.

I am curious as to why you (or any believer) would be exempt from 7-years of hell when millions of others have already suffered horrifically, even to the fate of a gruesome death, for their faith in Christ? That is the irrational part of the PTR theory that I cannot wrap my mind around. Why does anyone believe they will be spared when millions before them were not? We also must keep in mind that God's Word in the book of Revelation clearly says an untold number of believers will be killed for their faith during the tribulation. A brief history on the PTR theory... a pastor by the name of John Darby is credited for creating the PTR theory in 1830. Jesus, nor the apostles taught this theory and it is clearly contradicted in God's Word. Why does this matter? Why take this false hope from people and make them afraid? We must be prepared for what the Bible says is ahead so that we do not loose faith and fall away. Please, read that paper if for nothing else, to read the many verses of God's Word, which is always good.

3. Member
    What is this PTR Theory you are speaking about? And why read it if it contradicts God's word?

4. Member
    Jesus gives us an insight in Matthew 24 what will happen during the great tribulation, especially in verse 22-32. I believe that it is a human desire to seek any way to avoid going through severe hardships in our lives, yet, God gives us challenges which helps us become stronger believers and much closer to Him setting our lives in His hand even onto death, just like Job.

Dixie-Raven - PTR is an acronym for "pre-tribulation rapture." Does the Bible speak of a rapture or a "taking up" of Christ's followers both "sleeping" and alive at the time of His return, yes. The question is when. The PTR is not biblical, as there is not going to be a secret removal of the body of believers prior to the tribulation and prior to Christ's one and only return. The PTR theory leads one to believe the body of believers are removed from the earth prior to the tribulation, though the Bible speaks otherwise. Believers are summoned to Christ in the air and the damned are taken away as the Bible says, "... as in the time of Noah." The collection of verses explaining this are contained within the paper attached above. The PTR is not supported by scripture. On the contrary, scripture speaks against it. The fallacy of the PTR is address in the paper through the quoting of God's Word, not my opinion. As I have stated more than once, I am a long-winded idiot. My opinion matters not.
    Last edited by titanxt; 04-11-2024 at 07:14 PM.

6. Member
    Okay thanks for the explanation. Never heard of the acronym before now.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    .............................. I believe Jesus is my savior and will not put me through 7 years of hell on earth just to prove that I believe in him
    I am sure you have read Job, so you know what he went through, yet, God loved and trusted in him so much that He protected his life.

In reading your statement above, would your love for Christ change if you had to go through "hell on earth"? Remember, Christ never promised no one an easy life, only this "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.", and, this is what God teaches us in John 3: 16-18.

In the Grace and Peace of Christ,
    Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12