198 Elite - Electrical - What?

I had a new Merc installed last fall, and in the process, there are some things now not working on boat. I'm tracing wiring trying to figure things out. Under the console, there are two black circular disks with a single wire going to them. Anyone know what these things are?

Anyone know why the Hydro and Aer will work on timed but not on manual?

Thanks
    Allen
    "Take a few minutes every day to thank GOD and our soldiers for the freedom we enjoy"

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Allen, can you post pix of the 2 black disks? As for the Aerate and Hydro power issues, check the breakers on the breaker panel for those. The timed function power comes from the timer module. The schematics you asked for on PM are on their way.

3. Member
    Disc are probably alarms, if they are half dollar sized with a small hole in the center, count on it.

4. Member
    IMG_0079[1].JPG
    This is the black disc I am talking about. They have a single wire going to the center of them. This one fell off. If it is an alarm, how do I reattach or replace it?
    "Take a few minutes every day to thank GOD and our soldiers for the freedom we enjoy"

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    So did the wire break off? it's not part of the boat harness, probably associated with the outboard. What motor do you have?

6. Member
    Some of the older graphs had them as alarms (shallow water, etc). But like TX mentioned, could be a merc alarm for faults.

I can’t imagine a new merc uses those still, probably from the previous motor; but I wouldn’t swear to that.

I have no clue if they could be reattached, I’d think they’d have a positive and negative; but been years since I’ve jacked with one.

7. Member
    V
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

8. Member
    I believe that has two wires. At least mine did. As Tx Champ noted. Warning buzzer when you turn the key on, '06 Mercury Optimax

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...084&highlight=
    Last edited by Ed R; 04-14-2024 at 02:40 PM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

9. Member
    Thanks for responses. I haven't noticed anything bad so am going to bury my head in sand and believe they are for some old setup.