Which reel for for the new G-loomis glx 873 bjr

I just ordered a new Gloomis glx 873 chatter bait rod and was wondering what reel to put on it? I am currently thinking about one of the following: steez A2, ‘21 zillion, ‘22 steez hd or a Shimano bantam.
    also, what gear ratio would you recommend?
    Thoughts/opinions please.

2. Member
    I like Shimano, so my choice would be the Bantam, with the lowest gear ratio offered. I like slow reels for bladed jigs.

3. Member
    I use a Curado 70 Mel with braid. I throw it on a GLX 843. But I don’t make very long casts mostly target casting.I would go Bantam in a 7.1 gear. Let us know how you like the rod, I had the NRX bladed jig rod and got rid of it, a bit too soft for my liking.

4. Member
    I have a Conquest 783c and the Metanium pairs nicely with it.

5. Member
    I was a Shimano guy for 20 years but switched last year to Zillion G's...couldn't be happier I'd go with the 7.1:1

6. Member
    [QUOTE=alanhore;13455512]I use a Curado 70 Mel with braid. I throw it on a GLX 843. But I don’t make very long casts mostly target casting.I would go Bantam in a 7.1 gear. Let us know how you like the rod, I had the NRX bladed jig rod and got rid of it, a bit too soft for my liking.[/QUOTE

i also have the nrx bladed jig rod. It’s too soft for 1/2 oz baits. Heard the new glx is a major improvement.

7. Member
    I put a bantam on my new GLX 873 feels great on it. The rod is sweet used it quite a bit so far.

8. Member
    Zillion HD

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Zillion HD
    think the zillion hd lowest gear ratio is 7:1. Do you think that’s to fast?

10. Member
    I'm wearing a GLX t-shirt so I'm a fan boy. My two chatter bait reels are 6.3 Steez A. They are great reels.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo31 View Post
    think the zillion hd lowest gear ratio is 7:1. Do you think that’s to fast?
    It's roughly 30 IPTs with that 34 mm spool...in fast moving water or current, it's fine, but you will need a heavier chatter and a trailer that won't rise as much.

For "still" water, I prefer 24-28 IPTs generally, depending on whether I'm tossing a 1/8 - 3/8, or 1/2-1 oz and whether I'm fishing higher in the water column or crawling it deeper.