hydraulic Jack Plate Suggestions

I have a 2015 FX20 with a manual Slidemaster jack plate. Thinking about upgraded to a hydraulic jack plate and my local dealer installs Bob's HJPs.. Any pros or cons to this brand? Maybe a size suggestion? I'm running a SHO 250.

Thanks for your time! BB

2. Member
    I'm by no means an expert, but in my opinion Bobs is the only way to go. Some time back there was a thread somewhere and it seemed Bobs got the majority vote. I had also heard Atlas has too much movement and can seem sloppy but Bobs is always tight. I have a Bobs and it has lived up to the reputation of being very good and reliable. Would not hesitate at all.

I cannot answer your question as to what size you would need but I have a 10" Bobs on an FXR21 with a SHO 250.

Good luck.

3. Member
    I’ve had both (as well as other brands). Both are good (and no, theres no movement in the Atlas), but if I had to buy and put one on by choice, I’d pick Bob’s. I would also seriously consider the 14” setback over the 12”, regardless of brand.

4. Member
    I have owned both Bob's and Atlas. They are both good. I have a very slight lean to Atlas as I have owned more of those and never had a problem.

5. Member
    Thanks guys for the info, much appreciated!!!

I prefer Atlas. I've had a couple and they have been flawless. No sloppiest etc.

Another vote for Bobs. I did same as you, replaced my SM with a 12" from BMS. IF I had it to do again I would likely go with the 14" if for no other reason than I have light ass due to lithiums and heavy nose now due to multiple units up front, etc.

8. Member
    Put a Bob's on my 2015 and love it. I prefers Bob's to Atlas just for the speed alone