Factory Keel Guard

Anyone know what type of Keel Guard is used on the CX21? Mine is a 2020 year model. It has torn and needs to be replaced. I was wondering if they have a warranty. I know the Mega Ware has a lifetime warranty...not sure about a Hamby's. I can contact the dealer next week but thought you fellas might give me a heads up. Thanks!

2. Member
    I’m not sure what brand it is, all my prior boats my dealer put a Line X keel on, this 24 has one from the factory and it’s not near as good as what my dealer was doing with the line X spray on.

3. Member
    Not sure this day and time but Earl use to use keel shield on all his boats. He tried Hamby's once but didn't work very good on that hull.

Probably quicker if I just get a new one and install it. Dealer is not close enough to be convenient for something like this. Plus the fish are biting right now! We had a High School rodeo on our local lake and we boated 40+ fish. The kids were having a ball. I had a 6.50lb largemouth. Biggest fish I've caught in a while on home water.

5. Member
    Dan, I’ve had to re glue mine at the bottom. I much prefer a Hambys. They offer more coverage area and the one on my last boat still looked great after 16 yrs. This one is junk. That’s my only knock on Caymas.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives

Quote Originally Posted by bbqpitboss View Post
    Dan, I’ve had to re glue mine at the bottom. I much prefer a Hambys. They offer more coverage area and the one on my last boat still looked great after 16 yrs. This one is junk. That’s my only knock on Caymas.
    Looks like Mr. Rodney is correct. Rick from Caymas said they use Keel.Shield. Keel.Shield claims a lifetime warranty. So I will contact them to see if they stand behind their product. Mine ripped a strip out of the bottom from beaching it on a concrete ramp. My previous Nitro had a Hambys and no issues there. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

7. Member
    My 2023 CX 21 is going to the dealer next week to have a new one put on due to the bumper separating from the hull on the bottom.
    Last edited by gray7340; 04-08-2024 at 11:28 PM. Reason: add more info

I called TH Marine and spoke to a nice guy that asked me to send my PO of when I bought the boat and a shipping address. Looks like I'm getting a warranty replacement.

9. Member
    Those keel guards are a pain in the back in to replace. We tried gluing them on where they separated and 9 out of 10 times it didn't work. Better off just replacing it and being done with it. One thing about installing a hambys, they hardly ever come back with a problem. Roger backed them 100% at our shop. Of all the years (20) i think i saw 2 come back that had come lose.

10. Member
    I’ve had three caymas, the problem is all of them came off I talked to keel shield rep he said it keeps hitting the roller under the hull , so either lower it or go with the 8’ option