T2 slung a blade

My 2023 ZXR20 slung a blade yesterday. I have the following props at home. Which would you use?
    1. Mercury Tempest Plus 25p
    2. Mercury Fury 3 blade 26p
    3. PowerTech TRO4 4 blade 25p
    I already have the hub to adapt to a SHO. I bought it as soon as a bought the boat just in case. Lol

2. Member

3. Member
    I’m running a fury 24p. I have to watch my RPM. I would think the 26p fury or 25p tempest could serve well.

The pucker factor is real evertime I raise my JP up for some real high speed scootin... With either my T1 or T2. :(.

25/26 Tempest is a common merc prop recommendation for the SHO's for those who bail on the T-series.

5. Member
    Not a Skeeter but a Phoenix 920 Pro. A 25' Tempest runs within 1mph and 100 rpms of my 25" T and is faster out of the hole.

6. Member
    25 Tempest is pretty close to a 25 T2.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rnorman35 View Post
    My 2023 ZXR20 slung a blade yesterday. I have the following props at home. Which would you use?
    1. Mercury Tempest Plus 25p
    2. Mercury Fury 3 blade 26p
    3. PowerTech TRO4 4 blade 25p
    I already have the hub to adapt to a SHO. I bought it as soon as a bought the boat just in case. Lol
    tempest plus... all day. I've tried several and I've spoken to several of the big name prop guys. They all said tempest carries the skeeter better. Smaller diameter than the SHO T2, so you should run it a little deeper in the water. fury should be ran much deeper.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

8. Member
    How high were you running the boat when you slung a blade? I know this is a common issue. I have a 2022 ZXR20 and run the Atlas at 16 for max speed. Do I need to be running it lower? No, I haven’t checked prop to pad yet.

Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J5colli View Post
    How high were you running the boat when you slung a blade? I know this is a common issue. I have a 2022 ZXR20 and run the Atlas at 16 for max speed. Do I need to be running it lower? No, I haven’t checked prop to pad yet.

Thanks
    I usually run around 12 on my gauge. I rarely run higher than 14. On a positive note, I can say that two of the same props can run totally different. I now have a new T2 and it has way more bite and lift than the one that came on my boat. I haven't ran top speed yet with it but I am sure it will be good enough. I consistently ran 72-73 with the old one.