Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cchhaadd35 View Post
    I'm not sure if the shop I go to can do that but I'll ask them. Either way, 4.5 p2p is still too much. Other guys I fish with tell when they pass me that my boat doesn't get up out of the water enough. I hadn't even considered it might be a throttle issue
    might be something to check. I have the same rig as you and mine was only set at 89% throttle from factory.

2. Member
    Well I almost have the money saved up to buy a tempest plus but I'm not sure which pitch. I have a 23 fury now but I read that it might behoove me to get a different size in the tempest. What do you guys think?
    2021 Triton 21 trx patriot
    250 mercury pro xs 4 stroke

3. Member
    Change one variable at a time. 4.5 ptp is too low on that boat….any triton…..if your set-up cannot get you to 3.5 ptp then the dealer mounted the engine or jackplate incorrectly.

Also, a hydraulic jackplate is NEVER a waste….no boat is dialed in for every set of conditions….and a hydraulic jp affords the ability to make otw adjustments.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    I didn't think it was a waste either and it's my first priority. I'm still getting a tempest though regardless. I guess I'll just get the same pitch I have now
    2021 Triton 21 trx patriot
    250 mercury pro xs 4 stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12