Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Yes, runs much better, gets better fuel mileage, don't need DEF, and will save you a bunch of money in repairs later on.
    I’ll second this but I wouldn’t do it till warranty was out.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Good article on deleting a modern diesel and why you shouldn’t.

https://realtruck.com/blog/what-is-a-deleted-diesel/
    They have to say that because of legal issues since they sold delete products in the past. Same deal with the Diesel Brothers when they came out telling lies and propaganda.

3. Member
    My 06 duramax hasn’t regenerated in 160k miles. Everybody who sees wants to buy it. It’s like I got to take the prom queen home with me.

So to get back to the original question..Find a way to bypass the DPF or continue to fight that battle. Neither option has to be obnoxious, but if you're gonna keep it I'd put it on a weight loss program.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

5. Member
    I have never seen a diesel deleted, non deleted, or pre emissions that keeps oil clean for 20 miles or more.
    Stop by the house, I will show you 3. One has over 21k hours on it and you can still read "add" mark on the stick through the oil cold with 100+ hours on it. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Stop by the house, I will show you 3. One has over 21k hours on it and you can still read "add" mark on the stick through the oil cold with 100+ hours on it. Cj
    My old 7.3 powerstroke would be very clean at 3k after oil change.

7. Member
    Wow, after reading the dont delete your truck link posted. I see no reason not to. So funny to see how we like to put our "Its against the law" hats and other times nobody cares. Just depends on the topic i guess.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Sounds like the oil you are using doesn't have many detergents in it and is not picking up the soot like it should.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    My old 7.3 powerstroke would be very clean at 3k after oil change.
    I have 2 of them and I have been working on 7.3s and many other diesels for over a decade and I haven't seen that. Oil turns black right after an oil change.

10. Member
    Sounds like the oil you are using doesn't have many detergents in it and is not picking up the soot like it should.
    If that's the case then 3 different brands are junk. I use Mobile, shell Rotella and shaeffers. Mobile has one of the best detergent packages and when I want to clean a neglected engine up for customer that is what I use, so experience says otherwise. My 2001 7.3 kept oil clean past 3k miles. No EGR, no soot and dirty oil issues unless the ring pack is bad. Cj

Clean oil-----------in a diesel.

I'm curious as to what some here use as a guideline for clean oil ... physical appearance/color ? That one of the last things I go by (unless in the case of a major internal failure)

Used oil can be as black as coal and still be 100% capable of doing its job. The $500,000 high HP marine engines I work on will turn oil black within 10 hours and run well past 40,000 hours. Oil sampling by a certified lab confirms this.
    Ranting incoherently

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    I'm curious as to what some here use as a guideline for clean oil ... physical appearance/color ? That one of the last things I go by (unless in the case of a major internal failure)

Used oil can be as black as coal and still be 100% capable of doing its job. The $500,000 high HP marine engines I work on will turn oil black within 10 hours and run well past 40,000 hours. Oil sampling by a certified lab confirms this.
    I figure since few of us have easy access to a certified lab.
    It's the color!

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I figure since few of us have easy access to a certified lab.
    It's the color!
    Anyone can use a lab but honestly if you're not in a situation where equipment is critical to your operation then there's really no need. The goal of routine fluid sampling is to identify trends which may eventually lead to serious issues and help tailor maintenance intervals to your specific needs.
    Ranting incoherently

Anyone can use a lab but honestly if you're not in a situation where equipment is critical to your operation then there's really no need. The goal of routine fluid sampling is to identify trends which may eventually lead to serious issues and help tailor maintenance intervals to your specific needs.
    Exactly --- my last few rigs will tell you what percentage of oil life is on the current oil. when it says (change oil) I change the oil--pretty simple.

16. Member

Blackstone labs or when Mobile was doing it, them. My guess is they sent them to Blackstone. All of mine have cam back with [run x amount of hours more then resample] Oil is cheap and I will change it often. CJ

Filter issue.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123