Fluorocarbon mysteries

So assuming no one has actually heard answers from aquatic creatures, how do we know that fluoridation cannot be seen by fish? Why is some fluoridation clear versus pink? Is clear less visible than pink fluorocarbon? What is the purpose of "fluoridation-coated" if the line core is not invisible to fish? Is Berkeley Vanish really 100% fluorocarbon when it is only a small fraction of the cost of fluorocarbon leader?

2. Member
    Sorry, autocorrect doesn't like the word "fluorocarbon".

3. Member
    Here you go sir! Straight from the company that developed "fluorocarbon" fishing line in 1971. Suffice to say the following statement is why "fluorocarbon" line is nearly invisible in water. If you need more information about "light refractive index" then please see the second link. Enjoy!

• Light refractive index extremely close to that of water reduces visibility in water.

Kureha Seaguar Link: SEAGUAR | KUREHA CORPORATION

Britannica Link: Refractive index | Definition & Equation | Britannica
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

4. Member
    Great links,tFluorocarbon.JPGhanks City17Banner. From what I see, Fluorocarbon can be seen by fish, but less than other lines. I have never understood why someone would color fluorocarbon except to make it more visible to fishermen and that's a good reason if you are a line watcher and don't care about the invisibility factor of fluoro. Fluoro coated lines are OK. They are less expensive because they use less fluorocarbon material. Nothing is invisible and maybe they are more visible than PURE fluorcarbon lines. Some fluoro cost more than others probably because of the quality of the resin used an other qualities of the extraction process.
    Last edited by Real L; 04-10-2024 at 05:44 AM.

5. Member
    Idk but I swapped from suguar to vanish this year because Walmart was selling it for 3, bucks. And I like it a lot.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    Idk but I swapped from suguar to vanish this year because Walmart was selling it for 3, bucks. And I like it a lot.
    You won't like it when it breaks on a cast and launches your lure 100 yards into the unknown,ask me how I know. And this from a diehard Berkley line guy,XL,XT,Big Game all great lines,but Vanish stinks.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby Moser View Post
    You won't like it when it breaks on a cast and launches your lure 100 yards into the unknown,ask me how I know. And this from a diehard Berkley line guy,XL,XT,Big Game all great lines,but Vanish stinks.
    Yeppers...watch your beeg fish "Vanish" as well.