Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Was it staged?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAMVET1968 View Post
    Afraid its going to get worse !

It's not graphs....seat! It has to be staged? Kept fishing even while talking????

boat.jpg
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

3. Member
    Honestly doubt it was staged. They really do fish among us. I've had more close calls the last 3 yrs than in the 50 yrs before that.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Was it staged?
    If it wasn't, this may be the first time ever that BBC'ers are not over-reacting in suggesting vigilantism.

5. Member
    I would have called 911 to report a potential DUI case.

6. Member
    911 call definitely.

7. #FRB
    If it wasn't staged those guys were oddly calm. Of course, getting mad would have just made things a lot worse. I don't know if I could have kept my cool over such negligence. I've chased people down after nearly getting run over and also promptly told to go fVck myself because people who are negligent on purpose usually don't take responsibility for their stupidity either. I don't chase people down anymore because I know one day they'll come across someone a lot meaner and tougher than me. I know one of those fishermen who are meaner and tougher and he used to be a cage fighter. He never raises his voice unless he knows he's in the right.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

If you watch the clip of the accident and nothing else then yes your thinking what a dumbass. If you watch the entire video you will see its an older gentleman who took ownership for his actions, was remorseful and complied with the law officials. That still does not change the fact it was 100% his fault for not paying attention but I think it clears him from being burn at the stake.

Hopefully the man in the aluminum boat will pay more attention to his surroundings from now on. It would also help if he removed those two huge seats on the front deck that obstruct his view.

9. Member
    Just more proof that there are some people who shouldn't own a boat.

The recording started oddly, the yelling in unison started on time and the on-coming boat was seemingly too close to begin the yelling just then. You're both up front scoping and one man surely has his foot on the pedal and can at least try and turn the boat, but didnt. I dont buy it

11. Member
    People are staging videos where a boat hits their boat at high speeds now? I won’t believe that. I can’t. That would be too insanely stupid.

12. Member
    Damn, dude needs to be tied to an anchor for that crap.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

13. Member
    Well there goes the horsepower restriction argument. Speed limit restriction argument. Them damn livescopers almost didn't even see it coming. How to you combat ignorance? You cant.

I saw another video on FB the other day where a bassboat ran off into the woods. Cant believe it wasnt posted here. May be old etc. I dunno. Getting dangerous out there. What happen to the old days when all you had to worry about was a hook in the head or a snake climbing in the boat with you.
    Oh ya lets continue growing the sport though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    The recording started oddly, the yelling in unison started on time and the on-coming boat was seemingly too close to begin the yelling just then. You're both up front scoping and one man surely has his foot on the pedal and can at least try and turn the boat, but didnt. I dont buy it
    You obvously didn't watch the whole video. The two guys up front were fishing from the scope. Then the guy on the Rt just hooked up when they looked up and saw boat coming. Did you miss the part where a piece of the trolling motor flew off. I'm sure they destroyed a $2000 live scope and a $1000 trolling motor just to get a few youtube hits.Oh, and not to mention the hole in the hull of the speeding boat.

i sure hope some of you guys claiming it was staged are never eye witnesses in a manslaughter or murder trial!
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

15. Member
    Some people should be tarred and feathered for that type of thing....................

16. Member
    I’d have been in the water. Anyone wearing PFD (inflatables at least)? Appears that the water is almost cold enough to walk on. Damn lucky all the way around. Nervous laughter & small talk, thanks for my hat … I appreciate that. THANKS FOR LIFE. I APPRECIATE IT MORE.

This was posted before a while back... it's so aggregious, it almost seems like it was staged. I mean, I don't think it was, but so hard to believe they (boat driver) are that clueless

18. Banned
    Stupidity at it's finest

19. Member
    From 1:42 to 2:25 they are NOT on Eagle Lake MS, they were fishing along the causeway just outside of Pelahatchie Bay on Ross Barnett then it just goes to Eagle Lake.

There is NO long, riprap sided roads on Eagle Lake like what they were fishing by.
    Last edited by Rider99XX; 04-11-2024 at 03:22 PM.
    Hi Mike.

20. Member
    I fished with my Uncle back in March, he'll be that boat driver that runs someone over before too long. Between his Xpress console, the front fishing seat, the 12" Garmin 2' high on the deck, and the Fortrex he can't see s**t!! I had to alert him of two different stationary boats that he was on a direct course towards, when I asked if ever saw either one his response was no. He doesn't fish alone and his #1 partner will alert him so I guess he was expecting me to do so (which I did) but we were too close for comfort in my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast