Evinrude 225 Ficht HO timing may be off

Hello gents, I have a 2002/01 225 Evinrude Ficht H.O on my flats boat. the boat had not been used for last season and went to get it started and the starter had a hard time turning over so I moved the flywheel with the motor off 2 inch's clockwise to make sure it was free and not locked up and then turned it to what I thought was it original position. long story short turns out the batteries and starter solenoid had succumbed to age and got them both replaced and motor fires up almost immediately when cold but has a hard timing starting back up when its hot and seems to noisier than it was during previous seasons.

2. Member
    I can't see the timing just jumping out of spec also n when hard to turn over your starter gear was probably stuck up on flywheel and rotating the flywheel by had might have broke it free but make sure its not stuck up on flywheel after you get it started or in between tries it will turn over slow

3. Member
    the starter works as it should when I put in the new batteries I presume it just wasn't getting enough cranking amps before