23 fury 4 on a 920

Anyone running a 23 fury 4 on your 920 with the 250 pro XS 4 stroke ? I’m running a 24 fury4 now and wanting a little better hole-shot and RPM. I can only get around 5900 RPM.

2. Member
    23 3-blade fury is worked for bow lift is what you need.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

Yes. The stock 23 fury 4 has almost no cup and needs to be worked to get some bow lift. With cup added, I get 70mph at 6000 rpm. Holeshot and midrange are better than the 24. A 25 bravo ran 71 at 6150 rpm with lots of lift but the holeshot felt slower than the 23 fury 4.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Did the worked 23 Fury 4 or the bravo 25 have better control? Not as worried about top speed want the best riding/control I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    Did the worked 23 Fury 4 or the bravo 25 have better control? Not as worried about top speed want the best riding/control I can get.
    I prefer the feel of the fury 4. The bravo has a lot of overall lift, which makes the boat feel "loose". The fury 4 doesn't lift as much, so the boat plows through the water more but gives you the feeling of having more control. I also like the fact that I can run slower on plane with the fury 4 than the bravo.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    The fury 4 has quite a bit of stern lift which raises the entire hull up while running. On the 20 foot hulls in my experience and others I've seen on here it hurts the Phoenix ride.
    Chop and waves slap on the hull instead of the hull cutting through and it was very similar to riding in the Ranger I had.

A bravo gave me the holeshot and bow lift I wanted while maintaining ride quality. I do not have any loose feeling like mentioned above but, I run a Sho. The bravo and Sho pair well because they both like to run high. It may not be such a good match on the merc that runs lower.

7. Member
    I realize it’s a different hull but I run a 24p Fury 4 around 5900 RPMs on a 921 ProXP with Merc 4XS Atlas HJP and have seen up to 74 but typically 70-72. Ultrex, 2 10” graphs up front, Lithium TM Batteries, 31 series AGM (until a month ago), 8’ blades and medium tournament load. Hole shot is fantastic and was when I was running lead TM batteries as well.