Thread: Stradic ci4

Stradic ci4

Any recommendations to send my stradic to for repair?

2. Member
    CI4+ (second & 3rd generation), I like, but if you’re refering to the original CI4, if it needs any major repair, I’d seriously consider getting a new reel. I had a hard time finding parts for that reel just 2 years after it had been discontinued. I don’t know what people charge for repair these days, but after parts, labor and 2 way postage, I’m not sure if you’d be better off chipping a little bit more and getting something more current. That one had a lot of flex in the reel stem that most reels these days dont have anymore (in comparable price points).

3. Member
    Susquehanna Fishing tackle in PA does a lot of Shimano service work. I would certainly find out what needs fixed, cost, etc. before discarding a good reel. A comparable new Vanford costs $250 so you may be able to fix it for a lot less.

4. Member
    My thought was, a JDM Vanford is $178, and the Daiwa equivalent Ballistic MQ (named Caldia in the JDM version) is only $138. I have a sneaky feeling that a repair with two way postage is going to amount to more than that, of course depending on what’s wrong and the parts needed). I’m guessing if its a simple issue, OP would be asking for parts sources, not repair places.

Please define “repair”…
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

6. Member
    Isn’t reel repair nothing more than parts replacement? (Obviously figuring out which part)

No comment……
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"