Atlas plate relay?

I thinking relay as plate went up but wont come down. taking to dearler this week. I have read where Bobs relay is more user friendly, is there a relay that is truly plug and play. A guy would just pop one and plug new in. Throught about fixing myself but finding wiresup under back deck laying on my side not good. Also dealer could look for a broken wire first maybe? Any throughts guys? THANKS

2. Member
    Same thing happened to mine Saturday. I checked and found a blown fuse. I would say do a quick fuse check. The Atlas has a 40 amp fuse.

2022 Vexus VX20
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    I have seen this relay replacement for the atlas. Looks like replacement is simpler when if was to fail. This guy has had this one over 4 years I believe and no issues

4. Member
    Wire is not broken, trust me. 9 times out of 10, relay is shot and Atlas wants you to buy a whole new harness. I replaced mine with Hull marine relays. You can change them individually. While it does take a bit of work to cut and properly butt splice everything, it's easily end user friendly and not difficult to change everything over. In the even it happens again, I can change a single relay and not have to replace everything again. The video shown does seem like a very viable option as well. https://hullmarineproducts.com/shop/...late-relay-kit

5. Member
    You can use a winch solenoid for $20. Obviously youll have to change some wire ends to connect to it. I did mine about 5 years ago, zip tied a spare to it just in case havent ever needed it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16664842919...Bk9SR5DOtPHbYw

6. Member
    I've also done winch solenoid and it's been solid for 3 years now. That's after two atlas relays went bad

7. Member
    I also had to deal with the relay problem on the plate. I would like to find a relay that I can easily install myself without any hassle. I would be grateful for advice and recommendations from those who have already dealt with a similar problem.

8. Member
    I wish I studied the videos and links others guys posted on hear, I think I would of try fixing myself. I know if n when it happens again I will try, not looking forward to dealer bill

9. Member
    Locate and reverse the blue and green wires. You’ll likely see that the issue will be opposite of what you are experiencing now, indicating a faulty relay. It’s a pretty easy swap, IF you can reach it. I have a Ranger 520L and it was really difficult to get to. Now it’s mounted in a sensible location and easy to get to. Good luck!

10. Member
    Oh, you can by the replacement on Amazon for about half of what TH Marine wants.

11. Member
    I replaced mine with ice cube relays that are just like the motor trim relays and carry two spares in the boat. Now if one goes out, 30 seconds and I'm back in business.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisd55 View Post
    Oh, you can by the replacement on Amazon for about half of what TH Marine wants.
    Do this and you don't fix the problem. Buy a Bobs relay and be done.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS