Poppet kit with extra washer

2B532136
    2018 mercury 150 pro xs 2 stroke

doing poppet valve/diaphragm kit. I have an extra nylon washer. I am assuming it goes on the poppet but which side? Spring side or grommet side?
    On the old one it is just a poppet that goes into the grommet. The spring slide over the poppet.

hopefully someone knows where this washer goes because of course I cant find an updated mercury diagram.

2. Member
    Also my old stainless spring is longer then the new black one provided

3. Member

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you purchased a poppet valve KIT, they come with more parts that you may require for your particular installation ( ie: one kit used for MANY models).

Wondering if your spring has possibly been stretched, they're normally direct replacement.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    That is a good possibility. Had difficulty removing before realizing i needed to remove the screw. It is possible I did stretch it.
    in which case, I use the spring included in the kit. and the washer is just an extra part for different model?
    the washer had me confused because I currently did not have one

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Correct on both accounts.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor