Loose bearing race

Vault hub got me, so was going to rebuild the hub with new races and bearings. Punched the old race out and the new race is plenty loose and doesn't seem right. By the eye it looks the same size as the old race. Any tricks or should I just buy a new hub?

2. Member
    Take a steel punch and put a lot of dimples where the race will sit. Ping it like you wanted to drill holes there. These pings/dimples will raise the metal around the pings thus making the race fit tight again. Then just pound in the new race.

3. Member
    Punched the old race out and the new race is plenty loose and doesn't seem right. By the eye it looks the same size as the old race. Any tricks or should I just buy a new hub?
    Correct race?

New race same number as the old race?

What is the difference between L68111 and L68110 bearing race?
    Race # L68111 has an outer diameter of 2.361 inches. Race # L68110 has an outer diameter of 2.327 inches. Based on these measurements, the two races are not interchangeable. They are designed for different size hubs, but can use the same # L68149bearing.

Good Luck

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Correct race?

New race same number as the old race?

Good Luck
    That's interesting. I definitely need to look into it. I just ordered all the repair parts off the links in the phoenix board. Maybe some of the phoenix trailers are different.

Update...looked at the hyperlink for the bearing/race combo and sure enough it's the smaller race. I'd bet I just got the wrong one. Thanks!

5. Member
    Those bearings have at least 2 different races that fit them and the one that typically comes with is the wrong size for a Ufp vault hub, have to order the correct race seperate. I think the standard race is an L68111 but the correct for that hub is L68110 but I might be off on that.

6. Member
    I ordered bearings directly from ez loader. Front races they sent were wrong size. I put the old one back in.

7. Member
    Update...looked at the hyperlink for the bearing/race combo and sure enough it's the smaller race. I'd bet I just got the wrong one.
    Hope it works out for you.

You are not the first to be standing there, scratching your head thinking what the heck.