Mercury 4.6 V8 4 Stroke oil plug assembly kit

Serial # 2B598436

Does anyone have current part number for complete oil plug assembly kit.
    It seems to be seeping after my latest oil change. Thanks in advance for
    any help.

They will seep for a while afterwards, the inside of the drain tube can hold a decent amount of oil and drip out slowly. I soak up most with a pper towel or qtip after a oil change to keep the mess down

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    8M0112869

For future reference, you can lookup parts on our website, and the latest part number is updated as the item goes into the shopping cart. www.mercurypartsonline.net

Most common cause: Over-tightening. Little aluminum shards detach from threads and end up in one (or more) of the o-rings.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks for the info, I’ll give that a try

5. Member
    Don, what is the drain plug supposed to be torqued to? I am having the same issue on my 250 proxs four stroke.

Thanks

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    132.7 lbs/in (That's INCH).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor