2 questions about a X19 and trailer?

Have 2 questions on the older x19's Early 2000's models. Did they have issues with the bottom V cracking? Found one but has a welded piece fit on the V like a Bow protector? Or a Keep Guard but made from Aluminum? I'm thinking its just a cover for a leak. But if its done right does not bother me.
    x19v.jpg

Second question or should have say 2 in one ?
    First one had the owner take a pick of the rear of the boat. Pad section is what I asked too see. He gets some of it in the pic. And on the Starbord side looks to be dented in right of the pad.
    But the part that stand out to me. Zoom in and that rust at the bottom of the trailer tube. Man how bad is it,if you can see it in this pic? Guessing I would be looking at a replacement trailer sooner than later?
    x19pad.jpg
    This would be one of those project boats. So would be lots of work to get it back on the water. But its in rough shape, and where I fish that's ok. Being its going to be beating against stumps and stuff 75% of the time. Would be a blank canvas as for the most part. Buying a X19 hull. A trailer thats like a 1980's Chevy, on a quite night. You can hear that chevy rust away. Would be adding a TM and Electronics. A new engine or low hour used engine. Plus find a used trailer to slide under it also.

My wife tells me I have lost what little smarts I had. Me I think buy it and fix it like I want it to be. I was set on a new boat. But being retired I just don't see spending these prices on a new boat. That I may have a Heart attack next month. Then someone else get that new boat to enjoy. But the odds of me having a heart attack is not bad. I have had 7 stints and one Heart attack so fish on.
    Yes the boat and trailer is selling cheap. As in kid got into more then he can do. So he's selling it as is.

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I have a 2000 and had a split in the keel, I had it welded and had a thicker piece of aluminum welded over that, no problems after that. Dent and trailer don't look that bad to me, big dents right at the back affect performance but bondo can smooth that out. If that's the only place on the trailer it looks like it could be re-enforced.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    That looks like a twin to mine, color and everything. Same crack in hull, crappy weld is all. Repaired mine the same way. Check the base of the knee braces where the weld to the hull as they like to crack there. This boat only had 3 so it is a known weak spot. I fixed the cracks in mineIMG_20141226_173233229_HDR (2).jpg and added 2 more then braced the top of the hull where the engine bolts on as I knew I was adding a bit of HP to the hull. IMG_20141226_173130448_HDR.jpgIMG_20141226_173007282 (2).jpg As far as the trailer I drilled holes in the bottom of the tubes for drainage, welded a few cracks and rebuilt the spring hangers putting them in the correct position to actually work. The trailer has been fine for roughly 10k miles. Check the tube thickness at the bottoms for rust through. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Thanks guys, I may try to drag it home. But then again it may sell before I can make the 8 hour trip. If so that's ok, I did not need it. IF not I will drag home a new project. LOL
    Pete

5. #FRB
    I mean, if you're just gonna beat the crap out of it anyway in stump infested water it could be a good candidate for that. Make sure the hull and trailer are safe and bounce around til the cows come home.

And I want an aluminum keel guard welded to my hull but will wait until it needs to be done. I even cringe if I hit the bank with small rocks in the dirt too hard.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

With the way the Keel is done. I don't think I will be in need of a Keel Guard. LOL
    439972625_277312275455610_1738702603513664292_n.jpg437065300_2585158568331368_2654499141472882564_n.jpg

Trying to find the wheel bolt pattern and bearing kit for the W19 trailer 2001 model. Looks like it will be following me home this weekend.
    Also like posted about, this hull It will not bother me to fish the stumps and trees. Just could not bring myself to buy a new boat. To only run in some of the spots I will be fishing. ReelFoot lake in North West tn. Your on a stump 90% of the time. The other 10% your still on a stump. Then the Big Three in North Ms, I'm always finding stumps and trees there also.
    This will be a project boat for a while. Needs lots of work, but think I'm going to like it. Other then finding a replacement engine. It has a 90hp on it now. I have found 4 with 90's. Not sure what people were thinking. But if it will run 35 to 40. I may just run it for a while. As Reelfoot, I idle all the time. Pickwick I would run but still I don't run above 40 mph now. Into fishing not speed.

Thinking I found the lug bolt pattern for the X19 trailer. Looks like it might be a 5x4.5? Going to take one of my tire and wheels. If all else fails. I can get the tire taken off my wheel and swapped out if needed. But the tires on it look great and should be cool and raining. So should not be an issue. Only 4 hours home, so give it go.