Ride system question

To start the boat does the physical key have to be in the "on position" much like a car in the accessory position?
    This is the process for me;
    key to on
    energize the system with my key fob
    push button to start

2. Member
    The key that starts the boat doesn't have to be in the ignition in any position.

Press fob, push to start.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oklaranger View Post
    The key that starts the boat doesn't have to be in the ignition in any position.

Press fob, push to start.
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

4. Member
    That doesn’t seem true with mine. I need to have mine in the middle position to be able to do anything. I also need to have my ride system turned on to work the trim switch back at the motor. ???? The ride system is a Lowrance product soooooo… I just hope its waterproof.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnsickles1 View Post
    That doesn’t seem true with mine. I need to have mine in the middle position to be able to do anything. I also need to have my ride system turned on to work the trim switch back at the motor. ???? The ride system is a Lowrance product soooooo… I just hope its waterproof.
    Thats odd, I can trim at motor and paddles with RIDE off. When my main power is on I can trim, raise plate, start motor and all buttons work.

6. Member
    It seemed like mine was like that too when i first got it, now it’s not. It only has 8hrs on it so I’m just getting use to it.

7. Member
    Mine is having issues, I was able to get it to start just using the remote .
    They said the keys are for backup.
    After a hard bumpy ride yesterday, it would no longer start with just the remote.
    The start button would not turn blue when I turned on with the remote.
    So I had to use the key to get home.
    This ride system seems to be crap to me.
    CJ
    200 Evinrude G2 Ho On R93vs Ranger
    2023 Ranger 520R 250 Merc Proxs

8. Member
    Veryspeedy, get your boat to the dealer and tell them to get on the phone with a lady named Veronica with Ranger. She has no idea how much she improved my life. She knows the RIDE system inside and out. Was telling me all kinds of stuff on the phone and I was impressed how detailed she was. Great resource for Ranger.

9. Member
    Quick side question: what source does the RIDE system pull its Engine data from - RPM, Temp, Trim etc ?
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

10. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Engine info is sourced from Merc VesselView Link. It is mounted behind the console graph.