Another speed issue..

I just purchased a 2008 Skeeter ZX200 from a local dealer. The boat has a 200 HPDI with only 426 hours on it. Boat is in incredible shape. I have gone through the engine and changed all fuel filters except for the mystery filters. All the old filters still looked really good. Everything was clean. I also replaced the spark plugs and adjusted the jack plate to factory setting. The previous owner has really lowered it and it was only turning about 5200 rpm. It now turns 5700 but all I am getting is 54 mph. I was running 54 with the jack plate lowered. I keep reading these boats should run mid 60s. I’m getting ready to check the spark on each cylinder and pull the prop to make sure no fishing line is on the prop shaft. I have seen other people have top speed issues but I have done everything that was recommended. I don’t see the mystery filters being an issue especially with all the documentation I got with the boat and seeing how good the filters looked. Any ideas or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. I am also running ring free in the tank and made sure the fuel tanks are venting. Other than top speed in the 50s the motor runs great! Has the original 25 pitch prop on it. Edges of the prop are a little rough but I’m not sure that would cost me 10 mph. Not understanding how the engine can gain 500 rpm’s and not really increase speed.

2. Member
    Take this with a grain of salt. I'm not a mechanic. But I had this happening on new-to-me boat once. The issue ended up being that the throttle cable, via the hotfoot, was not getting full travel and needed to be adjusted. Took a lot of trial and error before I thought to check this.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2010 Yamaha 250 SHO
    10in Atlas Hydraulic, 10ft PP blades

3. Member
    This^ and have prop worked.
    How much weight in the boat? remove 1/2 of the tackle store