Replacing rear transducer

Asking because I have never run cable in my life. My 3 in 1 bracket broke causing the transducer to be struck by my prop. It's toast. I have a replacement on the way. I don't know a thing about running this cable. My first thought was-cut the old transducer off and duct tape the old cable to the plug end of the new one and try to pull it through. Is that an option? if not, any tips would be great.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

2. Member
    Yes you can cut the old cable and pull with it, pay close attention to how the existing cable is routed. You will probably end up working the new cable to rear starboard corner of the boat where the vent is, remove the vent and attach the new cable to the old cable there so it is a straight shot up to the console. The shifter will probably need removed, just take the 4 screws that hold it to the hull out you wont take it apart at all. Its not a bad job just take your time and don't force the cable, have someone help you pull it.

3. Member
    use old cable and pull a heavy string along with it for future use. my p3 had a string running down the rt side of the boat. took out rt rear vent and there it was
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Yep these guys have great advice. I would only add add a cable lubricant to help with any snags/friction any liquid dish soap. Also don’t get in a hurry.

5. Member
    Thanks guys!
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

6. Member
    It also helps to have 2 people, one pulling and one to pull back a little when it gets stuck...it'll probably get stuck a few times.

get a "fish tape" or "fish sticks" use from rear vent. the mentioned products allow you to somewhat control things vs a rope allowing you to "wiggle" it through tight spots better. especially if you dont have a second set of hands.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"