Thread: Swim jig rod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shimano Expride B 7’2” MH for an all around swim jig.

Shimano Expride B 7’6” H for throwing a swim jig in the thick stuff.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

The 72M Poison Adrena is my favorite for typical 1/4oz Mississippi River style swim jigs.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Megabass XX Diablo-Spec R Gen 2. I still prefer it for swimjigs over the P5's.
    Same rod is my go to for swim jigs.

Since we are talking swim jigs of the 1/4 n 5/16 variety, what is everyone's choice?
    I am big fan of dirty jigs, evergreen grass ripper, megabass uoze swimmer is a fun one. Looking forward to trying the Beast Coast Gorilla and the Hayabusa swim jigs.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    Since we are talking swim jigs of the 1/4 n 5/16 variety, what is everyone's choice?
    I am big fan of dirty jigs, evergreen grass ripper, megabass uoze swimmer is a fun one. Looking forward to trying the Beast Coast Gorilla and the Hayabusa swim jigs.
    In an earlier portion of this discussion thread, you inquired about swim jigs that may be suitable for dense cover fishing situations. Although I rarely fish in such conditions, and thus haven't prioritized finding the optimal swim jig for such scenarios, I would consider investing more funds into the ISM Carver Swim Jig if I were to frequently fish in heavy cover. This jig merges the superior qualities of the Evergreen Grass Ripper swim jig with the use of a large Ryugi TC EWG hook, allowing for a Tex-posed soft plastic trailer setup that navigates dense cover with ease.

Additionally, the ISM Carver Jig comes in various lure weights, ranging from 3/16 to 5/8 ounces, and is available with either a Lead or Tungsten (FECO) jig head to suit your fishing preferences.

ISM Carver Swim Jig Lead Link: CARVER | PRODUCT INFORMATION PRODUCTS | ISM - INFINITE SEEDS MAKERS - (i-s-makers.com)

ISM Carver Swim Jig FECO Link: CARVER FECO カーヴァー | PRODUCT INFORMATION PRODUCTS | ISM - INFINITE SEEDS MAKERS - (i-s-makers.com)
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

6. Member
    Brovarney and North Star need to be in the conversation as well.

I use an ALX Toadface for swimjigs. It's perfect for 1/2 oz Megabass Uoze swimmers, Imakatsu Mogulas, OSPs Weedriders and California swimjigs that I use fishing Arizona lakes with flooded salt cedars and creosote.

The Toadface belongs in the Fishing Rod Hall of Fame. ALX hit a home run with that one. It does so many things perfectly at a reasonable price.

There are occasions where I'll pick up a Poison Adrena MH for swim jigs only because when my hands get super dry after fishing a bunch of days in a row, I sometimes have a hard time hanging onto cork grips. The Poison Adrena rods have a great handle for that. (Wonder if I could get ALX to build me a custom Toad with a full carbon monocoque handle like the PAs)
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

8. Member
    FWIW, for me... braid+leader is a totally different rod to swimjig size application than straight fluoro or copoly.

I'm using braid. Sometimes with and sometimes without a leader.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

10. Member
    Steez 72h
    Megabass FmJ

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    FWIW, for me... braid+leader is a totally different rod to swimjig size application than straight fluoro or copoly.
    Absolutely 100% agreed. I'm not a leader fan, so it's either straight braid or straight FC for me when fishing a swim jig. I'll pick a different rod when using straight braid, which is usually around heavy grass cover and larger LMB, hopefully At least I know they live there whether I catch them or not, I'm ready! That Steez AGS 72M Moving Bait Versatile is an amazing lighter swim jig rod around more sparse cover, so not the ideal heavier braid, heavier grass type rod. Gear Junkie is fishing heavier cover FLA grass type stuff and those rods he listed are premium stuff for those applications!

12. Member
    ALX enox strike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12