Hydraulic steering for 1992 Johnson Fast Strike 150

Hey there folks I have a question and hoping yall have the answers for me. I just took out my double rack and pinion steering system out of my 1992 Ranger 372. I have it powered by the J150GLENC fast Strike, 1992 model as well. I ordered the VEVOR HK6316A-3 hydraulic steering kit for it but something does not seem right. Do I put the control arm where the steering tube was or have I ordered the wrong model and need to order the correct model? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Picture would help !

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

4. Member
    What is the control arm you refer to? There is a drag link connecting from the engine steering arm to the end of the steering cable. The drag link is not used on hydraulic steering.
    there is a steering rod that inserts into the tilt tube. Each end of the rod connects to the steering rods on the hydraulic cylinder. The steering cylinder bolts to the engine steering steering arm.

5. Member
    Ok so I need to put back on my tilt tube and then slide the steering rod through. The following picture is the kit I got and what I have circled is the steering rod correct? Thanks! IMG_1997.jpeg

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Circled part goes thru the tilt tube the outer clamp/tube for the second rack and pinion cable gets removed. Once the circled part is installed in the tilt tube the bar is stationary and the ram does all the work.

7. Member
    Awesome thank you so much! Just made my day a heck of a lot better! I thought I had ordered the wrong kit. Thanks so much for the help!

8. Member
    How is the Vevor system working for you, have any trouble with your Ranger steering wheel fitting properly ?