Rub rail filler?

Yesterday the ramp was full of logs and big floating rounds and while backing away from the dock I caught a corner of my rub rail were two docks are hinged together , perfectly smacking the corner of the rail

When I got home I used a heat gun to relax the damage , going to super glue a small crack together but may not work on a pea sized spot I probably have to just cut off

Anyone find anything to fill a spot like a pea size hole with ? Looking at flex seal ...
    My eye goes directly to that spot , after awhile I`ll get over it , but
    2000 Champion 190SX
    2000 Yamaha VMAX 150
    Garmin Force
    106`s @ bow & console
    93 SV UHD 2 @ bow
    LVS 32 perspective
    LVS 34 forward
    Talon

2. Member
    Flex seal makes a flex paste. I’ve not used it. I had a similar issue years ago and used some black liquid tape (Home Depot or other store in electrical area). I put duct tape along bottom, leaving top open, put the liquid tape in the gouge, then sealed the duct tape over rub rail to create even form. Take duct tape off a day or two later.
    Rad Brewer

I use some black silicone caulk…you can sand it with 1500 grit. Hardly see it.

4. Member
    Thanks , wasn't sure if it would work-stick . I`ll try it

6 boats never gouged a rub rail til now , blame it on oldness and bad neck , cant turn and look back like I once could
    2000 Champion 190SX
    2000 Yamaha VMAX 150
    Garmin Force
    106`s @ bow & console
    93 SV UHD 2 @ bow
    LVS 32 perspective
    LVS 34 forward
    Talon