Loomis IMX Pro Bladed jog rod

For those of you throwing chatter baits on the Loomis IMX Pro Bladed Jig Rod(the 4 power), is it worth the investment over say a $150-$200 chatter bait rod? I'm currently using a Alpha Angler Chatterbound but want to try or add something else as the tip can be a little too soft for me at times. $390 is a lot to pay for any moving bait rod IMO so I"m just wondering if there's something to this.

I can't speak of the IMX model but the NRX 883 for me was a complete bust. I prefer the Cashion ICON Chatterbait rod. Not soft but forgiving enough to allow the fish to take the bait.

3. Member
    The IMX-Pro BJR comes in a 2 power and 3 power. I've had the 3 power for over a year now and no complaints.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    The IMX-Pro BJR comes in a 2 power and 3 power. I've had the 3 power for over a year now and no complaints.
    Thanks. Yes I meant to say the 3 power.

5. Member
    I was told the new GLX Chatterbait rod is different than the NRX 883. Hopefully they fixed the design. The 883 is way too light in my opinion.

I have the 883 IMX. Does the job but I think it’s overpriced at full retail. Definitely not as soft as the glass bladed jig rods so it will pop a bait out of grass better than glass.