250proXS thermostat

2B533867

had to pull one stat today cause pinching the hose didn’t work. Had some wood. Question though running it in the hose and shooting the thermostat cover with thermo gun, the port runs around 118-121 and the starboard runs 120-126. Anything to be worried about?
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

2. Member
    do both reach 130 + and cycle ????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As long as both banks are achieving and maintaining at least 120 degrees AT IDLE, it should be fine. If you wanted to check the port side for leakage, you could remove the dump hose and watch when it's cold to see if water is bypassing the t-stat.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    My temp gun may be off but they both cycle at the temps I posted. I have smart graph gauge and it cycles at 130.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

5. Member
    I definitely think the port as small leakage or the stat is just a little off cause it does cycle according to my temp gun.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

6. Member
    Changed both of mine recently. Did check the new ones for leakage with the dump hoses off. New ones leaked more than I would have thought but seem to control temperatures just fine