2019 520C bow touch pad, horn issue

I took my boat to the car wash to clean the hull and carpet, now all of the front touch pad lights are on, but none of the buttons work (power in, no power out?). In addition, my horn is constantly on and had to be unplugged in order for it to turn off.

I have had the boat for three years and have had no issues. Does anyone have any advice about where I should start?

Sounds like a moisture short. Give everything time to dry out. Oddly enough your horn is on the same circuit as that front pad. It might expedite the drying process by taking the bow panel off and drying the wiring out. High pressure spray in car wash getting into the bow pad wiring is likely the culprit of the issue. Could also be micro crack in the pad housing letting that water in. I’ve already replaced that pad on my 16 Z521C.

3. Member
    That’s what I was thinking. It definitely wasn’t the pad, as it has been replaced recently. I’m going to dig in to it tomorrow and will report what I find for anyone with similar trouble in the future.

I read that there is a harness that feeds the front panel that is underneath the console. Do you know what it looks like?

4. Moderator
    I have the same boat, and like you had trouble with the touch pads and have had them both replaced and I think moisture was the culprit for me as well.
    Been 2-3 years ago and all is well. But they are very pricey if you have to buy them

5. Member
    How did you go about diagnosing the issue?

I just ordered a new bow touch pad panel guy I don’t want to just throw parts at it hoping that it works.

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassClassBaits View Post
    How did you go about diagnosing the issue?

I just ordered a new bow touch pad panel guy I don’t want to just throw parts at it hoping that it works.
    I was fortunate the mechanic was changing my lower unit and I mentioned it was acting up and he already knew what was causing it when I told him symptoms