Wiring with a console master switch. Do new boats still use this?

Working on rewiring bay boat and after searching on all these new switch panels got me thinking do new boats with all these accessories still use a master on/off switch at the console. And how many accessories can this one little switch power and handle. I do have a master on/off battery switch in the bilge that shuts the panel off, but I do like having that master switch at the console for the basic accessories.

2. Member
    Skeeter has one on their touchpad control. I'm not 100% sure exactly how it is wired but, it controls the operation of all the pumps, lighting, acc switches,etc.

My skeeter was originally wired that way. Its one of the first things I fixed. Also added a seperate switch for my mfd’s and TM.
    My Phoenix has a main switch and TM switch in the battery compartment. Also a switch that controls the console panel.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

Put a Blues Seas 285 series Switch/breaker of the correct amp rating (60 amp for 8-gauge, 40 amp for 10-gauge max) for proper ckt protection on the battery for the power supply to the console, Doubles as a switch and breaker. Use a 8 0r 10 gauge wire pair (red & black) to the console for a fuse box that has a ground buss bar built in. I would recomend a 10-fuse block panel. Count all circuits that need a fuse and add 3 or 4 to the count for future requirements.
    now you will a connection point to connect everything to.
    Last edited by lpugh; 04-27-2024 at 09:42 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

I have one on my '06 Nitro but I've made so many changes I think the horn and maybe the lights are all it controls now.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.