Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

"Soft demand for marine products"

Last edited by Cestratton; 04-19-2024 at 01:55 PM.

2. Member
    Happens to just about every company sooner or later.
    Hi Mike.

3. Member
    Some of there hull welds are soft.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    Hate to hear it. For the past month I'm averaging three days a week, ltl trucking. Scheduled run has been cancelling twice a week. The freight industry has always been a good indicator of how the economy is doing.

5. Member
    Sucks for the 85 people. Hopefully they find employment.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classicxl View Post
    Hate to hear it. For the past month I'm averaging three days a week, ltl trucking. Scheduled run has been cancelling twice a week. The freight industry has always been a good indicator of how the economy is doing.
    My son works for an LTL carrier in maintenance . He also says business is slow.

7. Member
    this is a thing to come in the marine industry during covid they couldnt get them out the door soon enough now there are a lot of 23 an some 22 model product on dealers lots an the interest meter is running on them . the industry will not keep building boats like they did in 08 an 09 only to have to discount so many units that were non current year models . even the nada boat guide is starting to reflect the real value of boats. there is a glutten of used boats for sale an some have been for sale for over a year.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    this is a thing to come in the marine industry during covid they couldnt get them out the door soon enough now there are a lot of 23 an some 22 model product on dealers lots an the interest meter is running on them . the industry will not keep building boats like they did in 08 an 09 only to have to discount so many units that were non current year models . even the nada boat guide is starting to reflect the real value of boats. there is a glutten of used boats for sale an some have been for sale for over a year.
    Hopefully the days of guys with 35 year old boats with original outboards for 10-15K are over.

9. Member
    Seems like a lot of the online tackle retailers are also running more frequent sales. Think people are finally starting to pull back a bit.

10. Member
    It's the cyclical nature of just about everything over a long period of time. Housing, food, gas , cars , stock market and and and. The old saying what goes up, must come down. It's proven time and time again but people look to pinpoint this or that...it's always been this way.

Companies and people need to adapt and adjust.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

11. Member
    Supposedly caymus is on the rocks also?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    My son works for an LTL carrier in maintenance . He also says business is slow.
    All my shops are slow. Fed ex. Dayton Freight. All slow. Fed ex furloughed drivers also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

13. Member
    Nonsense. The economy is humming, great! According to one old guy.

I just about gave up on predicting how the economy is and will be doing. I’m in construction. Last year the first half was awesome and second half slowed down. Our speciality is high end composite decks. First half of this year started slow but is ending with our busiest season ever for successful bids. I’ve sold 4 months of work in just the last few weeks since spring has hit. I talked to my sales rep and his biggest account is 80% lower on sales than last year. We’re around half a million a year in sales and that company is 4 million+ for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ththomp2 View Post
    Seems like a lot of the online tackle retailers are also running more frequent sales. Think people are finally starting to pull back a bit.
    one went from 20% to 15% last year to 20% off now........

16. Member
    Our rural UPS used to deliver 5 days a week…Starting next month Mon-Wen-Fri.

17. Member
    No worries. It's "transitory".

18. Member
    The marine industry has always gone thru cycles like this. Covid along with free money and low interest rates drove boat sales over the top, but surges like that never last too long. I work at BPS and I can tell you that higher interest rates always affect boat sales.

19. Member
    Edited the OP to show a local article stating that 70 jobs will also be cut at Ranger in Flippin.

20. Member
    This is nothing new for Tracker Boats. I worked there 40 years ago and they would build up inventory then have a lay off for several months. They hire a bunch of people, build up inventory then lay them off and terminate the ones they don't want to come back. They did the same thing two years ago. The Lebanon plant has thousands of boats built waiting for shipment right now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast