Thread: Ride Help

Ride Help

My 2023 520R is at the dealer because the ride system is a 100% fail.
    so they did an update which I am told included a new wire harness, start button etc.

They are stumped because the screen is now black and they are calling ranger for help.
    I am very frustrated as this is 3 weeks and counting without my boat.
    Last edited by Kromer; 04-20-2024 at 05:50 AM.

2. Member
    God speed. I have dealt with the same issues, but they finally got mine fixed. They put my graphs on a separate NMEA network and I have had zero issues since then.

3. Member
    Yeah I am super frustrated.
    the weather finally got nice and the fishing is off the hook and here
    I sit without a boat.

why in the heck they need to call Ranger is beyond me, I mean they are
    supposed to be the techs

4. Member
    I feel your frustration. I'd tell them to get all the needed parts ordered and get it figured out. Then I'd take my boat and go fishing.
    Don't even power on the Fob and use your key, you have your important functions in the buttons.
    If my RIDE system goes down that's what I'm gonna do. The dealer can fix it when I'm not fishing.

5. Member
    well today is Friday and I am driving the 4 hours (one way) to pick up the boat, they say it is done.
    This coming Monday my boat would have been in the shop a month. I have a nagging feeling that it is not fixed correctly but hopefully I am wrong.

6. Member
    Good luck Brother, let us know what happens.
    I am having issues with mine too.
    Tring.to figure out before I send to dealer.
    CJ
    200 Evinrude G2 Ho On R93vs Ranger
    2023 Ranger 520R 250 Merc Proxs

7. Member
    Well this is going to take some getting used to, the RIDE screen actually works.
    I now have a working;
    Fuel gauge
    Trim
    Jack plate
    water pressure
    I did not know the system had GPS speed but it does

Besides the software they change some hardware too including new key fobs and start button.
    The service manager was busy so I jumped on the boat to fire up the system and it would not respond when I pushed my fob, thats how I eventually figured out they were changed and after a quick look in the coin box I found 2

Still it has a couple of things that could be better.
    Starting the boat is easy, just push and go. Turning the motor off takes several attempts on the button for some reason??

The stereo still does not work, I can pair my phone, I can turn on bluetooth and even see the song title which is playing but no sound.
    Any ideas ??? This is a Lowrance Sonic hub

8. Member
    There is def. an issue with the new start/stop button. You have to press the button HARD. My 12 YO son cant even crank my boat you have to press the button so hard. Will get fixed this fall.

9. Member
    Yes the start/ stop button does not function as well as it should, as well as it did.
    but again on the flip side my ride screen works.

also for the “R” crowd, my start / stop used to give me an audible when I turned it off but does
    no longer. I am curious if yours does the audible ?

10. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    Yes the start/ stop button does not function as well as it should, as well as it did.
    but again on the flip side my ride screen works.

also for the “R” crowd, my start / stop used to give me an audible when I turned it off but does
    no longer. I am curious if yours does the audible ?

if you are talking about turning the system on with the fob, yes I get an audible and my boat has the ride recall installed.

11. Member
    Hi Chuck,
    Sorry I was not more clear. I am referring to turning it off, I used to get a loud beep which I appreciated becasue I know i shut it down.