Add side and down scan to quick keys on HDS 12

Can not figure out how to add down/side scan to HDS 12.
    When I go to the page to add a short or long press quick key, all the pre set choices are selectable but side/down are not an option.
    Hopefully they can be set as a favorite but can not figure that out either.

Thanks for any help.

2. Member
    You can create a custom screen and if you find the factory Icons( Hold down the Side Image Icon) then pic the one you want they are all there.

3. Member
    I can create a custom screen like you described and I can save it. Don't see where I can number it as a favorite.
    I just want to add side scan as one of the 4 short press keys on my HDS 12 live.
    Thanks

4. Member
    Try this YouTube video from Lowrance

5. Member
    I watched that one the other day.
    my unit doesn't show side or down scan as a option on the drop down menus.
    That video also doesn't show how to save anything not in the drop down menu as a favorite.

6. Member
    Those aren't options, they are pages.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Those aren't options, they are pages.
    I know they are called pages.
    Do you know how to add the side scan "page" to one of the four short cut keys on a HDS Live?

8. Member
    I guess someone ultimately has to come right to the point. You cannot do what you want to do with fast keys. Selecting specific pages is not an option available to assign to fast keys. Most people design all their own pages and Lowrance saw no need to provide what you are specifically asking for. Rather than one fast key you will have to hit Pages and select the page you want. It's two presses vs. one.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    I guess someone ultimately has to come right to the point. You cannot do what you want to do with fast keys. Selecting specific pages is not an option available to assign to fast keys. Most people design all their own pages and Lowrance saw no need to provide what you are specifically asking for. Rather than one fast key you will have to hit Pages and select the page you want. It's two presses vs. one.
    Gotcha, thanks for coming to the point.
    The odd thing is chart and sonar are pages and they are programmable as a key.

10. Member
    You can create a page with side scan and down scan in a split screen and save it. It would be labeled/named favorite 6,7,8, etc. The preloaded combo pages lowrance has preset are named favorite 1-5 or something like that. Your custom made split screen page would be the next number in line, you can only have up to 10 custom made pages. Go to the short cut assigning step, pick your key for long or short press and pick favorite 1-10, which ever number matches up to your custom made split/down scan page.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    You can create a page with side scan and down scan in a split screen and save it. It would be labeled/named favorite 6,7,8, etc. The preloaded combo pages lowrance has preset are named favorite 1-5 or something like that. Your custom made split screen page would be the next number in line, you can only have up to 10 custom made pages. Go to the short cut assigning step, pick your key for long or short press and pick favorite 1-10, which ever number matches up to your custom made split/down scan page.
    thank you, I knew nocal was wrong For some reason I thought I had to number the pages I made to choose them as a favorite.
    All good, thanks again.
    Last edited by oklaranger; 04-22-2024 at 07:25 PM.