Electronic Dash Options for Yamaha 200SHO?

All,

I am currently researching prices on a 200SHO. I would like to know what your thoughts are on electronic dash options. My dealer has recommended a CL5 sp?. I'm not 100% on the model number, still waiting on the quote documents. I would be wanting speed, fuel consumption, speed, engine info, etc. I would also like the option for min/max values. Be gentle, as my gauge knowledge is a bit dated. Also, would I be able to use a one year old Humminbird bird Solix15 as a dashboard with a current model 200SHO?

Thanks,
    Keith

ETA: Spelling in thread title.
    Last edited by Keith E.; 04-21-2024 at 02:12 PM.

2. Member
    The Solix will connect directly to a Yamaha by way of a NMEA 2000 cord. Simple and easy to hook up. The Solix will show engine information on the sidebar or you can create a dedicated gauge page. I would not spend money on Any Yamaha displays, unless you were just itching to burn money.

3. Member
    As stated above even the Humminbird Helix Gen 4s are easy to hook up for NMEA, I have my 21 225 hooked up to my Helix GN4 and it displays a good amount of motor data.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info, gents. I did some research after starting this thread and drug the Solix out of its hiding spot. Direct connect for NMEA 2000.

And yes, I should've researched before I started the thread. :) Hopefully it'll help someone further down the line.

Thanks,
    Keith

ETA: I'll have to help educate my dealer as well. They told me that I'd need to get a Garmin to go NMEA 2000 or purchase the standalone CL5 display head.
    Last edited by Keith E.; 04-28-2024 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Dealer chat.