Mega Live won't connect. Shows Mega Live source not found

So this is going to be a long post about mega live unconnected issue that may help someone. I have 2 networked helix12 G3’s. My mega live transducer after updating it to 1.3 started intermittently freezing up and then just quit all together. Showing unconnected and mega live source not found. After discussions with tech support, they sent me a ethernet cable and power cable for mega live but that didnt help. I sent pics and ML transducer back to them like requested. They checked it out at their shop and said they got it to connect to one of their units in the shop and couldn't find nothing wrong with it and sent it back. So I have plugged and unplugged network cables, re-done my wiring. Bought the new network hub and couldn't get it to connect. I then went to my other boat and pulled my other mega live transducer from it and put on and it worked. The only difference, is the faulty one had firmware update 1.3 and the one from my other boat that worked, is 1.290 firmware update. I also noticed on the new hub, the mega live that didn't work was flashing yellow. The one that worked was flashing green. So I will be calling Humminbird tech support Monday as they are closed on weekends. I want to know how they got it to connect at their shop and I couldn't on my boat and what is going on with the 1.3 update? 1.3 must work on some helix units and might brick some. Not sure. Anyone else have any things to try before I get to talk to Humminbird tech support?

What software version do the Helix G3N's have?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member

4. Member
    Wayne, is there a way to reload the 1.3 on a transducer if it isn’t connected? Almost like my firmware update was corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by froggin67 View Post
    Wayne, is there a way to reload the 1.3 on a transducer if it isn’t connected? Almost like my firmware update was corrupt.
    The LIVE has to be recognized as CONNECTED and its serial number and software version shown in the Accessory Test menu to do an update. AND you cannot reload the software.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Didn’t think so but had to ask in case there was a way. I am not updating my other Mega Live firmware until after I fish a major tournament that I have coming up or unless Humminbird tech answers me to why the other mega live doesn’t work with the 1.3 firmware. What’s confusing is it worked for 2 weeks and then started freezing and just started showing unconnected.

7. Member
    Make sure that you power EVERYTHING down and start again.

Reboot solves a lot of problems.

EVERYTHING, even you have to disconnect from the battery.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Make sure that you power EVERYTHING down and start again.

Reboot solves a lot of problems.

EVERYTHING, even you have to disconnect from the battery.
    I have tried everything that the HB Techs have came up with so far including what you mentioned on my own troubleshooting. I will definitely be back on the phone with them again tomorrow.

9. Member
    After discussion with Humminbird customer support and trying more troubleshooting tips, they had me send my transducer in and they are now sending me another transducer. Saying the hardware is the issue after the update. I can’t say enough about Humminbird customer support and their techs. They are the best!!! Ready to get back in the water and get back to using it.

10. Member
    My Mega Live has been saying "not found" and not connecting quite frequently after the update too. Sometimes I have to disconnect from power to get it to connect again.