Shallow Water Anchor Bracket Loose

I noticed that one of my Raptor anchors are loose (I can move it side to side). The mounting bracket that attaches to the transom is loose. The bolts that hold the Raptor to the Vexus installed bracket are tight though.

Does anyone know the torque specs for the Vexus installed bracket? If not, I'll just call in the morning. Also, it appears that I need to remove the Raptor in order to get a socket on the bracket bolt. Does the Raptor need to be removed or can I just put a socket on the inside of the transom (assuming I can reach behind the batteries)? I'm assuming that I need to remove the Raptors in order to get a socket on both the outside and the inside of the bracket to get it snugged up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan

2. Member
    Call George at Vexus. He always gets me a quick answer.

3. Member
    I don’t know how to pm a post or I would give you his cell.

4. Member
    click on his handle(gmcryan) and then view profile-- then click on "send private message"
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I called Vexus and they gave me the info I needed. I just need to get a friend who will help me tighten the bracket - it's a two person job!