Thread: Barren

Barren

Does Barren have grass, well it does now. Skaggs from 31-E bridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That’s weeds not aquatic grass. Barren does that every year the lake is slow to rise to summer pool. I’m thinking it was the drought of 2012 when Barren didn’t hit summer pool until July. If it wasn’t 2012 it was 10 or more years ago when there was a lot of that on the flats. I do recall catching fish out of the weeds on Barren in the past when it was as there. However the problem is once water gets over the weeds it doesn’t take long for it to die and then it will rot and doesn’t hold fish very well.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    That’s weeds not aquatic grass. Barren does that every year the lake is slow to rise to summer pool. I’m thinking it was the drought of 2012 when Barren didn’t hit summer pool until July. If it wasn’t 2012 it was 10 or more years ago when there was a lot of that on the flats. I do recall catching fish out of the weeds on Barren in the past when it was as there. However the problem is once water gets over the weeds it doesn’t take long for it to die and then it will rot and doesn’t hold fish very well.
    I have lived on Barren for 46 years - it was a tongue in cheek post.