19 TRX battery compartment hatch

I am looking at new boats and like the price and finish of the tritons but one of the things that I am scratching my head is the battery compartment hatch opens towards the back of the boat vs to the front of the boat. I guess I understand when loading batteries maybe its easier when out side of the boat but accessing the compartment when your on the boat imho leaves a lot to be desired. To be fair Skeeter does the same thing and some of the others but I really do not like it.

Just wondering what everyone thoughts about that back hatch and is it a pain etc...thanks!

2. Member
    What year 19 TrX are you looking at? I have a 2023 19 TrX Patriot and the battery hatch opens towards the bow of the boat.

3. Member
    I think most boats have the hinged side toward the front of the boat. I think some rangers have the hinged side toward the back. Most prefer it on the front side to access the batteries when standing outside the boat. There is also a concern the compartment could fly open when running down the lake if the hinge was on the back.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N