Thread: Rod Socks

Rod Socks

anyone know where i might find more or a replacement for the Cabela's rod socks they where red nylon or they also made black with a hook guard. I bought some falcon socks and i am not a fan

2. Member
    I picked up some of these early in the year, liked them so much I upgraded all my rod socks to them.

Live 2 Fish Neoprene Fishing Rod Sleeves

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    anyone know where i might find more or a replacement for the Cabela's rod socks they where red nylon or they also made black with a hook guard. I bought some falcon socks and i am not a fan
    I have 6 Cabela’s rod socks in black. They have draw strings with a black ball they run through. The one end has Velcro that folds over to adjust the length. They too are made out of nylon. I have not noticed a hook guard on them.

4. Member
    TW has some nice ones made from neoprene.

5. Member
    Rod Sox….best I have found.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

6. Member
    Make you own for pennies.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Rod Sox….best I have found.
    yup. competition is not even close
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

I went to Neoprene, 6th sense had a sale.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    I have a related question… what do you with your rod socks when fishing? I’m trying to start using them and it stumps me on what to do with them once I’m fishing.. (I don’t have a rod locker, I guess that’s gonna be the answer to my question)

10. Member
    I'm switching all mine over to Rod Warrior neoprene. I ordered a couple to try and I really like them.

11. Member
    I use regular nylon rod sleeves, but they have to be short so the lure (on the hook keeper) dosen't hook the end of the sleeve, if the lure is a crankbait, I will use a lure wrap, also the tip has to have a loop so I can hang it up. I buy the Rod Glove Rod Savers to keep the sleeves on the rod, have lost a few when my rods are on a rod ramp and going down the lake in a bass boat at 65-70 mph. (they get sucked out real fast). In my boat I have rod straps and a rod locker, when not in use, the sleeves are in a compartment or in my tackle bag.

12. Member
    Evolve Rods Sleeves are my new go to.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rivertrail View Post
    I'm switching all mine over to Rod Warrior neoprene. I ordered a couple to try and I really like them.
    I ordered 20 of them. Now i have a ton of the mesh Rod Sox sitting in the garage. For sale?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    I have a related question… what do you with your rod socks when fishing? I’m trying to start using them and it stumps me on what to do with them once I’m fishing.. (I don’t have a rod locker, I guess that’s gonna be the answer to my question)
    when I fish in my Jon boat, I take the rod socks and put them in a draw string nylon sports bag. You can usually find them being given away for free at events but are available pretty much everywhere that sells sport stuff even like Walmart. I put the bag behind me where the trolling motor and battery are so it’s out from under my feet and away from open hooks
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by rivertrail View Post
    Yep…the original that everyone knocked off. Pete makes a great custom product.

16. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Yep…the original that everyone knocked off. Pete makes a great custom product.
    yep, exactly

17. Member
    I bought some Stick Jackets for spinning rods and they suck. The open end is unfinished and folded inside. It hangs up on the bottom guide when you remove it.