Thread: Gt36 and gt8

Gt36 and gt8

Well after my last post about gt56 and only one transducer port I did a thing as everyone here suggested I bought a gt36 with a gt8 and Y cable everything worked out great and I networked the bow and console together. Checked my 2d and I don't lose bottom until 67 mph so with that said I'm still new to garmin 2 126sv with lvs34 and 2 lowrance live 12s thank you everyone for your help. I will have more questions regarding Garmin

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Nice....glad it worked out for you......lots of guys don't do any research and just go out and buy then only to find out what they want to do may not work......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Thank you Topgun, because of your post-I did the same thing.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Well after my last post about gt56 and only one transducer port I did a thing as everyone here suggested I bought a gt36 with a gt8 and Y cable everything worked out great and I networked the bow and console together. Checked my 2d and I don't lose bottom until 67 mph so with that said I'm still new to garmin 2 126sv with lvs34 and 2 lowrance live 12s thank you everyone for your help. I will have more questions regarding Garmin

So what boat did you install the GT8 on... and location..... any tips on install so I will get a good reading? I'm getting ready to do the same thing. Also what was the reason you when with the GT36 and not the Gt30?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdrop View Post
    So what boat did you install the GT8 on... and location..... any tips on install so I will get a good reading? I'm getting ready to do the same thing. Also what was the reason you when with the GT36 and not the Gt30?
    The gt 36 does exactly what the 56 will do down and side image and I already had the TSAS mount and the gt8 I mounted in the hull of my z521c I placed it on the starboard side shoot thru hull as far back as I could get it and used slow cure epoxy let it dry 72 hrs before I took the boat out and I placed a weight of 5lbs on top of it hardest part was a good smooth prep of the hull.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sabreski View Post
    Thank you Topgun, because of your post-I did the same thing.
    Great to hear hope it works out great for you.

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I really think Garmin needs to market the gt36/gt8 combo so guys that are new to garmin know about it.The standard transducer that comes with unit are great but your not getting the full range of what garmin has to offer.We have been running the gt30 gt8 and the gt 34 for years which it has a black box also and works great .