Champion 206 Hull Spider Cracks

I recently purchased a champion 206 and thought I did a decent job of inspecting the boat before purchasing it. turns out, not so good. Upon getting it home, I started to detail the boat, as it could use a good wash. Upon doing so, I noticed spider cracks in the hull of the boat in three different areas (see attached pictures). While the cracks are not wide and I have not noticed any water seeping through, i can feel them when I run my nail over the fiberglass. I assume this is expensive to repair and curious if anyone has seen something like this before or repaired something along these line. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I’ve got a lot of those on every boat I’ve had.
    fiberglass flexes, gel coat not so much.
    hard bumps into the dock, a floating log, trolling motors, etc.
    I personally don’t let ‘em bother me
    2006 198 Elite
    2020 Yamaha SHO 225

3. Member
    those are from previous impacts may want to watch them an see they dont expand.

Yes, those look like they were caused from impact. Sometimes it doesn't take much. I have a few on my boat and even more stress cracks at corners or emanating from holes that were drilled improperly or in tricky locations. Not to worry. These are likely cosmetic only. They used to bother me but my boat is 30 years old now and it's just to be expected. Besides, step back 3 or 4 feet and she looks like she just came off the showroom floor.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

5. Member
    They were on my 01-196 when I bought. Just use it, I havent had any problems with mine.

6. Member
    I've got them on my '01 196. I tries sanding them out in one little area and it sanded straight down to the fiberglass which was fine when I reached it. It's in the gel.coat. I'm not an expert by any means but I think it's an issue by champion that occurred on some boats but not others. The fiberglass itself was fine tho. No cracks or stress cracks. It bothers me too but I've learned to live with it. Seems like the boat had previously been in rough water more than once. Fiberglass flexes and gel coat doesnt

7. Member
    My 188 has them too. Not concerned. Spider cracks are very common in older boats.

8. Member
    I had a few on the rail from impacting a dock. I asked the best glass guy here about fixing them and he showed me a piece he cut out of another Champion and said just leave it no problem. That hull piece was about 3/4" thick.