Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddinVA View Post
    I do prefer the metal fenders on my Z185 because of the new drivers in my family! I agree the 518 with the 200 is a better deal along with the Triton 18 TRX. I got mine for $43k so there is a huge increase for the new model. There are several other packages on the market with better features. Since the beam is shorter, is this a new hull or a carryover from a discontinued model?
    stratos hull likely
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

2. Member
    I’ve been to the ranger factory and saw rangers and tritons being built. Difference is amazing. That’s why a triton is less expensive. People think they are the same no way. You get what you pay for

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    I’ve been to the ranger factory and saw rangers and tritons being built. Difference is amazing. That’s why a triton is less expensive. People think they are the same no way. You get what you pay for
    I would take a Triton any day over a Ranger.

4. Member
    Cool

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    triton are being built in the same plant by the same people so I doubt that the differences are very much nowadays doesn’t pay to have totally different materials and totally different construction methods

my Stratos never had problems in 20+ years and the Basscat was 20 years old with no problems? New ranger nothing but issues
    Last edited by mactlman; 04-25-2024 at 05:06 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    triton are being built in the same plant by the same people so I doubt that the differences are very much nowadays doesn’t pay to have totally different materials and totally different construction methods

my Stratos never had problems in 20+ years and the Basscat was 20 years old with no problems?
    Best thing about the new Tritons is they use switches instead of the Ride system or touch pad like Ranger and Nitros have.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    stratos hull likely
    The original Z185 was a Stratos knock off.

8. Member
    I wonder why this is 93" instead of 96" like every other Z185" ... This must be a new hull?

9. Member
    It is the storage length for me I only have 20'11".....

10. Member
    If you actually saw them being built, you might have a different opinion. Just saying what I saw

11. Member
    Check how far the trolling motor bracket and prop stick out too! This is not part of the boat spec’s.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Metal fenders are far more durable, easy to keep clean and don't get damaged when you blow a tire. If given the choice I will always go with metal fenders over fiberglass.
    That's was my experience. Two blown tires that took out the fenders. $2100 a piece installed. I replaced my Ranger Trail Trailer with an aluminum trailer and metal fenders. Hands down a much better built trailer than the one I had and less expensive. But if I would have ordered it from Ranger, I was going to go with the metal fenders.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Metal fenders are far more durable, easy to keep clean and don't get damaged when you blow a tire. If given the choice I will always go with metal fenders over fiberglass.

I have a buddy in East TN that blew a tire and trashed his glass fender this week. He is sick and for sure doesn't have the funds to replace.

14. Member
    Those glass fenders sure do look nice though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12