Illinois folks quit fishing ?

No reports,, either it fabulous and everyone is mum or it sucks.

2. Member
    Newton sucked for us. No bigs, and got crushed by 2.5" of rain and 20-30mph winds. Not to mention there was an 80+ boat high school tourney Saturday and another registered 80 boat event Sunday. We left Saturday morning.....

3. Member
    I had April 7-15 off for vacation. I fished Newton every day but 2 days. Caught 6-8 keepers every day and one day I fished in the rain all day and caught 15 keepers. Not a lot of big big fish but several 4-4.5 lbers and usually 1-2 around 5 each day. Biggest of the week was 6.05. Other than that I was catching 30-40 fish a day and more that that on the rainy day. I caught everything in 5 feet of water or less on a 6 inch swim bait, swim jig, jig, or creature bait. There’s still plenty of prespawn fish on both sides of the lake as of this past weekend. Saturday on the 20th I caught 2 good keepers close to 5 with a 5xd, and 2 on a 8-10 foot jerkbait that were close to 5 that were in 12-16 feet of water quite a ways up the hot side. They hadn’t even thought about moving up to spawn yet as of that day. There’s been lots of talk that fish are all done spawning but I think we’re way further behind on that than people think with these cold nights we’ve been having.

Time and money...unfortunately not much extra of either lately. I will be heading up to Wisconsin tomorrow to lay into a few.

5. Member
    Found a few postspawn groups that were out already on Newton last Saturday. It’s still very early but they are out there to find

6. Member
    We had a little club tournament down on Mill Creek on the 14th. I couldn't get an over in the boat but caught a ton of dinks. Club had 1 over 5lbs and 4 over 4lbs for the tournament but a few over 5 and a 6 caught on Saturday. Tournament there on Saturday took 17lbs to win which is super impressive for 2 over 15" and 3 under.

7. Member
    Love these posts guys.