Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okoboji reports?

Anyone been over there lately? I’m heading over there Friday morning to fish for a couple of days. Plan is to target largemouth (hopefully shallow). Just wondering if anyone has any updated water temps. TIA. I will give a report when I get back. Hopefully I actually have a report

2. Member
    Is there big bass tournament this weekend?? It’s got to be close?

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Is there big bass tournament this weekend?? It’s got to be close?
    There is one or more there every weekend. Right now the bite is pretty good which draws more boats
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    I think the Okoboji Open is a week or two after and the Iowa State Spring Tournament is next month also. No clue what tournament is there this weekend

5. Member
    High school championship tournaments both days this weekend

6. Member
    I'll be fishing the Weekend Warriors
    there on Saturday.... have no clue how the heavy winds all week and storms on Friday will mess with the fish but I'm sure someone is going to whack them

Fished there 3 days last week through that cold front. Fishing was sporadic with the weather. The TBF qualifier was last Sunday and mid 20 bags were top 3. From what I experienced and heard, the people that caught good bags were mostly running and gunning, catching random fish. The bite was slower on fish/areas/structure that generally consistently hold fish. With the more consistent warmer weather this week, I would think they will really be smacking em'

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Fished today for 7 hours today. Caught 12 fish. Most were caught on a chatterbait. One on a jerkbait, one on a Lil’ John, and two on a 4.8 Keitech. Two biggest fish came on the Keitech. #4.9 and #4.5. Winds were consistent from the southeast at 20-25mph with gusts up to 45mph. So we were only able to fish certain areas. Hopefully tomorrow we can run some more water

9. Member
    Giant bags caught in the weekend warriors tournament today!! I saw the weigh in on facebook. Big bass was a 8+!!! Winner had over 30!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Giant bags caught in the weekend warriors tournament today!! I saw the weigh in on facebook. Big bass was a 8+!!! Winner had over 30!
    damn! largemouth bass or smallies?

11. Member
    It was largies. I caught the new lake record today with 31.70 and took 2nd BB with a 7.68. @BasscatTyler, it was nice meeting you today. That 2nd big one I put in the boat as you were by me was that 7.68. It culled out a 1.98
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BasscatJake View Post
    It was largies. I caught the new lake record today with 31.70 and took 2nd BB with a 7.68. @BasscatTyler, it was nice meeting you today. That 2nd big one I put in the boat as you were by me was that 7.68. It culled out a 1.98
    You going to be fishing in the open next weekend?

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    congratulations on the W!!! I thought for sure you had big bass but then that 8lb came up that’s crazy!! Nick S tournament series is the best paying around!!
    You don’t have to say a word about how you caught them. But I’m definitely curious about the general things? Deep,shallow, moving bait,flipping bait? Hope you have a big live well in your boat lol.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JACQUART21 View Post
    You going to be fishing in the open next weekend?
    No I'm not. Unfortunately it's looking like I'll be working all next weekend.

Redog, unfortunately I don't want to really give out any details on it. Especially with the open there next week

Basscat livewells are capable of handling a big bag!
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Member
    I totally understand on the details and that’s ok!!

16. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Nice job Jake!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

17. Member
    that's insane! I will be up there on may21st to the 23rd for my birthday. was gonna just spirit for the smallies but now I might have to fish okiboji

18. Member
    You put on quite the show for us Very cool that we got to witness it. It was great meeting you

If 2nd big bass was 7.68, what did the big bass weigh?
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    If 2nd big bass was 7.68, what did the big bass weigh?
    8.16 took BB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast