Structurescan 3d transducer for a gen 3

Hi
    I just broke my Xdcr-dss3d transducer for my SS3D. I have a HDS-9-Gen 3 on console and a HDS 12-Carbon on Bow. Do I need to use the same transducer or can I use the Active Imaging Transducer? Im seeimg mixed comments on this My Gen 3 has software update of 18.2 and wont let me update to anything higher if that helps in decision what to do.

Thanks

2. Member
    The HDS Gen 3 is NOT compatable with AI 3-1 only Total Scan and I would not bother, You can replace the 3D transducer its the best Side Image out there for detail and range. I still have mine running on HDS Pro and Live its a good as the day I installed it. Gen 3 18.2 is the hightest you can get and if you want to run your Gen 3 with Lives or Pros you will need to be at the latest version of 18.2 or 3 don't remember. If you want the best update for 3D mind looks out 600ft ea side of the boat its 18.3.61.1.123 If you need it let me know I can get it to you. Send me PM.

3. Member
    If you swap places for the units, your Carbon is compatible with AI, the Gen 3 is not.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmoore716 View Post
    Hi
    I just broke my Xdcr-dss3d transducer for my SS3D. I have a HDS-9-Gen 3 on console and a HDS 12-Carbon on Bow. Do I need to use the same transducer or can I use the Active Imaging Transducer? Im seeimg mixed comments on this My Gen 3 has software update of 18.2 and wont let me update to anything higher if that helps in decision what to do.

Thanks
    The SS3D transducer is designed totally different than other lowrance transducers and others are not interchangeable to connect to the SS3D box. The SS3D transducer has 2 connector ends on it where it connects to the SS3D box, all other transducers are like normal with a single end to connect to mfd units. I would replace the transducer with a new one or good used one and continue to use the 3D system. Like others said the range is better than other options, even the new AI 3N1 HD stuff that’s out now.