Minn Kota seal replacement

I had water in my Ultrex and ordered a seal kit. Some of the you tube videos show the first seal going in with the cup part facing up, then the cardboard piece and the the second seal cup down. There are others the show the second seal with the cup facing up away from the cardboard tube. Could someone let me know which way is correct. When I took it apart the second seal was cup facing away from the cardboard tube but it is a new to me motor and I don't know if it has been repaired before.
    Thanks, Rick

2. Member
    The correct alignment for the shaft seals are as follows. The first seal in is cupped up with the cardboard piece in the groove of the seal. This is followed by the second seal which is faced in the same direction with the cup facing away from the motor. That is how it is installed at the factory. I wish people would put YouTube videos and know what they're talking about before they post them. Most of those videos that are posted are people who think they HAVE a better idea than the troll motor manufacture.

3. Member
    Very much appreciated, Thank you.

Rick, please do not take offense to this, because we don't know what we don't know, think about it. If you do not have the knowledge or skill set to determine which way the seals need to be installed, should you even be attempting to do this yourself. There are several other mistakes that can be made in there as well.
    Thank You Leon Pugh