Missing waypoints

Put my buddies Navionics card into my HB unit. I am able to see his Navionics card listed, select it and "charts load" Map pulls up but I cannot see his waypoints. Some diamond shape symbols are on there but he says his are circles. The diamonds are black, purple, one black with red in middle

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Waypoints are totally separate from chart cards. They are saved in memory on Humminbird units and are displayed as an overlay on whatever chart card you are using. The chart cards will have overlay settings which will control whether waypoints are displayed and how they are displayed.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Makes sense, thanks, follow up would be how do or can I transfer waypoints? Can't I export the waypoints to a SD card and then input them to a new unit? Do I need a blank SD card? Or, use the mapping cards? TIA!
    Last edited by JFK67; 04-25-2024 at 06:22 AM.

4. Member
    Need to use a blank SD card and export your buddies waypoints from his unit then load on yours. Need to go to files and his and export nav data and then you would hit import on yours using the SD card.

5. Member
    You can edit the waypoint symbols to whatever you desire once loaded on your unit.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    Thank you all....!

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Just make sure you have the same waypoint formats on both units... there are 3 different GPS Formats for waypoint data.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Just make sure you have the same waypoint formats on both units... there are 3 different GPS Formats for waypoint data.
    Just for a little clarification, if he is importing a file that was exported from a unit, he won’t have to change formats or anything. All brands automatically import and export gps data in the dd.ddddd format. You only have to match formats when you “manually” input coordinates into your unit. That’s when you have to match the source format. For example, if someone gives you some coordinates on a piece of paper, you would have to change the format on the unit to match the format of the ones on the paper before you type them in to your unit. Once you enter them, the unit automatically converts them internally to dd.ddddd No matter what format you have your unit set to display, the unit uses dd.dddd internally to do all calculations. The format you choose is only how they are displayed in your screen. It’s just a gpx standard across all brands.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    Just for a little clarification, if he is importing a file that was exported from a unit, he won’t have to change formats or anything. All brands automatically import and export gps data in the dd.ddddd format. You only have to match formats when you “manually” input coordinates into your unit. That’s when you have to match the source format. For example, if someone gives you some coordinates on a piece of paper, you would have to change the format on the unit to match the format of the ones on the paper before you type them in to your unit. Once you enter them, the unit automatically converts them internally to dd.ddddd No matter what format you have your unit set to display, the unit uses dd.dddd internally to do all calculations. The format you choose is only how they are displayed in your screen. It’s just a gpx standard across all brands.
    Always open to learning something new! Thanks for the clarification.