rewiring cranking battery connections

I'm thinking about reorganizing the wiring in my bilge compartment so that it is more organized. We all know how messy the wiring can be on the cranking battery with all of the connections. I ran a separate battery for all of my graphs and it is super clean. (picture attached) and I want to do the same thing for my cranker. I just watched the Tactical Bassin video about Matt's new skeeter and it looked like he has a similar set up for his cranker as well as his graphs. Has anyone ever tackled this task? If so can you post pictures and maybe offer some advice about what to look out for?

IMG_1550.JPG

2. Member
    i like your set up... just a thought as most boat fires start in the battery compartment how would you get to your fire extinguisher?? not trying to get in your business just a observation. have a great day........

That might be his port locker, I see a console in the picture
    Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225

4. Member
    One thing I did to clean up the wiring in my battery compartment, I ordered all custom length 2/0 battery cables from BatteryCableUSA.com, it got rid of all the crappy cables that came with the boat. The cost was actually pretty cheap. I also plan on cutting down the main cables that head to the starter on the engine, I could probably shorten them up 3 to 4’,I just need to buy a crimping tool and the cable ends.