Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    I think you would be better off spending the money on a GOOD transmission shop and having yours rebuilt professionally. Add a trans cooler and you should be good to go for pulling any boat.
    I agree

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    I think you would be better off spending the money on a GOOD transmission shop and having yours rebuilt professionally. Add a trans cooler and you should be good to go for pulling any boat.
    This

3. Member
    If you are looking for a shop I can recommend Dittos transmission. Family and friends have used them for years.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    3 trannys? Wow.......there were/are bad ones from that timeframe but lightning striking in the same place 3 times? Were these all OEM trannies or rebuilds?
    Two OEMs and the one in their now is a rebuild.

5. Member
    Any half ton should pull any bass boat fine, we have plenty of hills and mountains in Tennessee, I’ve never had any trouble towing the boat with a half ton , used to have a 1500 ram and now a tundra

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    Get your transmission built by a "Hot Rod" shop, and keep that GM.
    this ^^^ and add a transmission oil cooler.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    Any half ton should pull any bass boat fine, we have plenty of hills and mountains in Tennessee, I’ve never had any trouble towing the boat with a half ton , used to have a 1500 ram and now a tundra
    Well Third Tranny in 168,000 miles tells me this truck doesn't like to pull. I will call Sand Mountain Transmission and see if they can add a Trans cooler.

I was on my way to a third transmission on my Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 6 cyl but my 2010 Silverado with the 5.3 has had 231,000 pretty much trouble free miles. My towing is mostly interstate speeds for 200 miles round trip. No trans trouble at all. Love that truck.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

10. Member
    If I wanted a bulletproof tow'er and didn't care about gas mileage, I would look for a used GM 6.0 2500 and enjoy like. Bulletproof drivetrain
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    If I wanted a bulletproof tow'er and didn't care about gas mileage, I would look for a used GM 6.0 2500 and enjoy like. Bulletproof drivetrain
    Had one, transfer case and rear axle both went bad, then the engine blew. Only vehicle I have ever had that blew an engine.

12. Member
    For trucks with that much mileage, the only truck I would consider is a Gen 2 Tundra.

13. Member
    Find an older f250 with the 7.3. For 10k you can find a VERY nice one. Paid 7 for mine with 200k on it. At 320 now with nothing but a battery and waterpump since purchase. Will pull anything you can hook it to

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12